RESOLVED: Crackle :-(

RESOLVED: Crackle :-(
« on: May 05, 2020, 05:50:22 PM »
Hi,

I've installed the latest beta OS 1.0.2.3 and I've noticed a lot of crackle when playing the sequencer or hitting keys. Because there is no download option for the latest stable OS (I've written to the support a few minutes ago), I can not compare it.

You can hear that cracke clearly in the audio file (see attachment, jump to position 00:00:17 within the audio file). It's even on the headphone ouput and turning down the cutoff to 0 eliminates the crackle. Software or hardware failure? This happens with all programs.

Can someone confirm this? Otherwise I have to return it back to my dealer, because it's brand new and 1.700 EUR for a synth with crackle is a way too much.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 11:55:22 AM by cbmd »

Re: Crackle :-(
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 07:08:07 PM »
Hi,

I've installed the latest beta OS 1.0.2.3 and I've noticed a lot of crackle when playing the sequencer or hitting keys. Because there is no download option for the latest stable OS (I've written to the support a few minutes ago), I can not compare it.

You can hear that cracke clearly in the audio file (see attachment, jump to position 00:00:17 within the audio file). It's even on the headphone ouput and turning down the cutoff to 0 eliminates the crackle. Software or hardware failure? This happens with all programs.

Can someone confirm this? Otherwise I have to return it back to my dealer, because it's brand new and 1.700 EUR for a synth with crackle is a way too much.

Thank you!

Your issue seems similar to this: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4296.0.html

Here's a response from one of our beloved Sequential employees: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4296.msg43976.html#msg43976
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:10:43 PM by littletinymonkey »

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 02:48:21 AM »
Hi,

Thank you!

Your issue seems similar to this: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4296.0.html

Here's a response from one of our beloved Sequential employees: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4296.msg43976.html#msg43976

Yes, that seems to be it. Thank you.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 07:49:55 AM »
Could someone send me the last stable OS? I've written to the support, but have not got answer right now, and until tomorrow (refund policy from my dealer ends) I have to decide, if I'm keeping the Pro 3 or not . Thank you!

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 08:44:30 AM »
Could someone send me the last stable OS? I've written to the support, but have not got answer right now, and until tomorrow (refund policy from my dealer ends) I have to decide, if I'm keeping the Pro 3 or not . Thank you!

Thanks for the message but I coudnt reply, I almost smashed my computer after trying to answer the correct security questions while listening to and inputting the correct letters only for it to say 'computer says no' for the last half hour. what a ridiculous way of trying to reply to someone.

Anyway, rant over. Heres the link you asked for as I coudnt send it to you.   

Download link
https://we.tl/t-DVLZHKZuMo

Sonic Neutronic

• All about the 70s/80s Horror sound
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 09:51:59 AM »
Many thanks for posting - I've rolled mine back too to stop the pops and crackles from effects, until we get new firmware.
Prophet 5 Rev 4

Bad Brian

• Baller
    • NuBeat Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 01:28:34 PM »
Hi,

Thank you!

#beta .....
Sequential Pro 3 SE, Roland Juno-106, Behringer Model D, Moog Apps, Roland Space Echo RE-20, Alesis HR:16B, Roland SPD-SX

But I'm a drummer

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 08:56:50 AM »
Hi,

Thank you!

SAME HERE!!! Also midi out not working in Ableton Live 10 after turning the Local Control OFF. I’ll return mine too for sure!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2020, 09:29:16 AM »

[/quote]

SAME HERE!!! Also midi out not working in Ableton Live 10 after turning the Local Control OFF. I’ll return mine too for sure!!!
[/quote]

What exactly is going wrong for you with midi? I use Live 10 and I dont have a problem recording midi notes into and sending notes out of. Does it work with Local control ON ? If you let me know your settings I can try and reproduce or let you know mine.

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2020, 09:38:13 AM »

[/quote]

What exactly is going wrong for you with midi? I use Live 10 and I dont have a problem recording midi notes into and sending notes out of. Does it work with Local control ON ? If you let me know your settings I can try and reproduce or let you know mine.
[/quote]

Hi Steve,

With Local Control ON is working but I need with Local Control OFF so I can use it as midi also into my other channels. I use my subsequent and prologue this way but with the PRO 3 no luck... Think I'll smash my studio...

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 11:54:50 AM »
The audio crackle in the FX has been fixed on the latest OS:

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4216.0.html
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim