Anything "stereo" about the Delay Stereo effect?

Anything "stereo" about the Delay Stereo effect?
« on: May 03, 2020, 11:50:22 AM »
Stereo Delay effect doesn't offer any parameters that would affect the delayed signal's placement or dynamic position in the stereo field.  Shouldn't this more appropriately just called Delay or Digital Delay?  Am I missing anything?

Sorry, I found myself with a few hours to really get familiar with my new Pro 3 - fair warning that more questions are possibly gonna pop up!~  Appreciate the help!

Re: Anything "stereo" about the Delay Stereo effect?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 12:25:16 AM »
It would be cool if there was some sort of L/R separation possibility to get a ping-pong style of stereo delay.

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 12:09:20 PM »
It would be cool if there was some sort of L/R separation possibility to get a ping-pong style of stereo delay.

+1

I was confused by this two. A ping pong delay would be an awesome addition since the current delays actually share exactly the same adjustment parameters.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 02:45:56 PM »
That would be great if an update gave us some ping pong and other cool stereo placement tricks, like a TC or Fractal processor.
Hey, I'm not asking for much!  Just emulate a $1200 fx box or a Strymon or something....

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 02:47:30 PM »
That would be great if an update gave us some ping pong and other cool stereo placement tricks, like a TC or Fractal processor.
Hey, I'm not asking for much!  Just emulate a $1200 fx box or a Strymon or something....
;D

IIRC the Rev2's standard delay is also called "Stereo Delay." Maybe the product designer in charge of fx is deaf in one ear...  ;)

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 08:01:27 AM »

That would be nice But I always use external effects.  It’s way too much to ask to have a killer synthesizer and then expect them to also include several hundred dollars worth of DSP for effects.

My all-time favorite secret weapon magic box is the Fractal Axe Fx ii.  I’m only mentioning it because you did and because I can’t believe more keyboard players don’t use it probably because they’re not guitar players. ;)

The Amp distortion is otherworldly with synth bass and all the cheesy 80’s studio multi fx patches are incredible on pads and ambient stuff.

I would rather they spend all their money on keyboard related bells and whistle‘s and leave the effects to us.

Soundtoys plugins are my favorite plugin for the Pro 3.

That being said, it would be nice to have a few more controls for the “stereo delay“  ;)

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 10:42:12 AM »

That would be nice But I always use external effects.  It’s way too much to ask to have a killer synthesizer and then expect them to also include several hundred dollars worth of DSP for effects.

My all-time favorite secret weapon magic box is the Fractal Axe Fx ii.  I’m only mentioning it because you did and because I can’t believe more keyboard players don’t use it probably because they’re not guitar players. ;)

The Amp distortion is otherworldly with synth bass and all the cheesy 80’s studio multi fx patches are incredible on pads and ambient stuff.

I would rather they spend all their money on keyboard related bells and whistle‘s and leave the effects to us.

Soundtoys plugins are my favorite plugin for the Pro 3.

That being said, it would be nice to have a few more controls for the “stereo delay“  ;)

If it’s just standard post-VCA stand alone effects then I’d agree. But the great thing about the Pro 3’s effects is that they are integrated into the synth engine. That allows you to modulate the delay feedback with a wavetable oscillator or change the reverb mix per step in a sequence.

I’m not expecting $1200 worth of effects (pretty sure smerny was joking...) but basic options like stereo or ping pong would be nice.