Problem - Jumping Screen

Problem - Jumping Screen
« on: May 02, 2020, 08:27:19 AM »
Hello

I realized that the screens jump very fast between one and the other when moving two pots simultaneously whose parameters are not represented on the same screen...

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks for your advice

Re: Problem - Jumping Screen
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 09:56:36 AM »
Presumably it jumps the the screen of the parameter you are editing as it reaches the next value so if you’re editing two parameters it will jump between them. From a feature perspective I’m not sure how else that would work other than having a “stay fixed on this parameter screen” function.

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 10:33:03 AM »
Doesn’t bother me
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 12:07:08 PM »
Presumably it jumps the the screen of the parameter you are editing as it reaches the next value so if you’re editing two parameters it will jump between them. From a feature perspective I’m not sure how else that would work other than having a “stay fixed on this parameter screen” function.

Perhaps it could be done with a kind of lag..?

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 01:12:47 PM »
I brought this up to when I got my PRo 3.  I understand why it does that, but it's very distracting and I too wish there was a bit more lag to the screens changing.

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 07:43:26 AM »
Yes you feel like your fighting the screen a bit, I just look away tbh.

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 09:55:23 AM »
Yes you feel like your fighting the screen a bit, I just look away tbh.
Yeah for me it’s a reminder to patch with my ears not my eyes!

A lag could make sense but there are things I’d much rather have—linear FM, tying 2 dissimilar notes in the sequencer, etc.