Prophet 5 patches (need help)

LoboLives

Prophet 5 patches (need help)
« on: May 01, 2020, 10:48:47 PM »
Hey all I'm going through the original Prophet 5 manual and some of the front panel settings on this site

https://sites.google.com/site/klmar016/home/synth/prophet5

Although 40 Prophet-5 patches are in the P6 already it's missing some ones like NYC, Whistle, etc so I want to try and recreate them. However the front panel instructions on this site are using percentages rather than visuals. Is there a site out there or any reference where it actually shows the visual knob settings because I'm having a very difficult time with trying to decipher the ones on the above site.

Re: Prophet 5 patches (need help)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 12:19:45 AM »
From looking at the document, the patches are given in 7-bit midi values of 0-127 rather than percentages.

If you are simply copying exact knob values between the two synths then hooking up your P6 to something which can show its midi values when turning its knobs will help.

If you don’t want to do that, you could perhaps divide the standard pot rotation of 270° by 128 then multiply by the values given to work out the positions.

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 11:58:55 AM »
From looking at the document, the patches are given in 7-bit midi values of 0-127 rather than percentages.

If you are simply copying exact knob values between the two synths then hooking up your P6 to something which can show its midi values when turning its knobs will help.

If you don’t want to do that, you could perhaps divide the standard pot rotation of 270° by 128 then multiply by the values given to work out the positions.

I might try it with the P6 editor but I’m not sure how accurate that would be. Especially when it comes to the tuning of the oscillators.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 05:44:42 AM »
Hi, did you manage to recreate the 120 original Prophet 5 presets on the Prophet 6? I would be very interested in them.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 10:18:52 PM »
It would be great if someone with access to both synths could remake them all for the P6. A few of them are quite off in the factory P6 patches