baffling mod sources -2. Osc slop

baffling mod sources -2. Osc slop
« on: May 01, 2020, 03:01:38 AM »
Hello
apologies if I have missed something. The manual(1.0 even!) refers to Osc1-4 slop as individual mod sources. Yet in the Osc section there is only Osc 1-2 jointly. In the soundtower software it also lists Osc1-4 as separate sources. Yet go to the oscillator section in the software and there is only the joint OSc1-2. So the one that does seemingly exist is not listed
as a mod source.So what is going on here?. Thanks to martin for the reply on dc offset and noise which is helpful but still
a bit confusing. I think there should be a section in the manual going through all the listed mod sources or at least a separate document on the mod sources to clear up whether some of these really exist and provide some background where they suddenly pop up out of nowhere with no other controls or use depicted.
Sam

Re: baffling mod sources -2. Osc slop
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 10:46:22 AM »
There are a total of four Slop sources. Slop 1&2 are used by the Slop parameter in each oscillator’s Osc Tune page (Slop 1 for Osc 1 and Slop 2 for Osc 2). The Slop 1&2 knob sets both Slop parameters simultaneously for convenience.

The mod matrix exposes Slop 1&2 as individual sources. These are the same two sources controlled by the Slop parameter in the Osc Tune pages. Slop 3&4 are only available in the mod matrix.

That’s my understanding anyway. Hope it makes sense.