Suggested effects to pair with the p12?

Suggested effects to pair with the p12?
« on: April 02, 2016, 03:05:32 PM »
Does anyone have any go-to effects that they feel their p12 wouldn't be complete without? I'm particularly interested in checking out some reverb units, but I'd be interested to hear anything that folks are into.

-Adam

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Suggested effects to pair with the p12?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 03:24:50 PM »
The Strymon Bigsky is a natural pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IzyHt-VY24

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 06:21:53 PM »
Big Sky would probably be great. I use an Eventide Space and absolutely love it.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 08:45:59 AM »
Eventide Space here as well. Irreplaceable.

lt773

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 10:49:22 AM »
Recently I got a Strymon Deco to use with my P12. It's very subtle, but it can make the 12 sound a lot warmer. Also I use and OTO Bim for additional Delay, sounds fantastic.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 04:29:30 PM »
Anyone tried Eventide H9?

Shaw

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 10:03:56 AM »
Anyone tried Eventide H9?

The H9 is amazing... ANAZING.

But my answer to the general question is: the best Eventide box you can afford.   H8000, Eclipse, H9.

You could also do 2 H9s... That would be extremely flexible.

My 2˘

Cheers
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 04:28:29 PM »
Just picked up a P12 Module and I'm excited to pair it with the analog keys and octatrack.  I plan to run midi out from the analog keys-> Octatrack-> Prophet with the prophet audio being pushed back through the Analog keys effects and then in to the octatrack.  Getting all my ducks in a row will take a little brain power but it should be a wonderful mix. 

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 02:16:20 AM »
I have a Line 6 POD HD Pro X that I was using with my guitar and decided to run my P12 through it. It has a lot of effects and it worked out well.

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 05:09:11 PM »
But my answer to the general question is: the best Eventide box you can afford.   H8000, Eclipse, H9.

Based on how much I see Eventide's reverbs and delays mentioned I've got to say I'm feeling pretty inclined to check into their stuff more closely. The Strymon effects seem pretty interesting too. I'll start saving up :)

To add to the previous question -- do you all tend to use the same effects for live performance as well as recording/studio use or do you find certain effects work best for certain applications?

-AP

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 01:58:42 PM »
There a number of comparisons with the Bigsky against the Eventide H9 on Youtube.  You should check them out.  I prefer the Bigsky sound myself.
Fantom 7 | Moog One | Pro3 | Summit | OB-X8 | Digitakt | Digitone | Syntakt | Iridium KB | 7u x 104hp Eurorack | H9000 | A&H SQ5 Mixer

Shaw

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 02:09:01 PM »

Based on how much I see Eventide's reverbs and delays mentioned I've got to say I'm feeling pretty inclined to check into their stuff more closely. The Strymon effects seem pretty interesting too. I'll start saving up :)

To add to the previous question -- do you all tend to use the same effects for live performance as well as recording/studio use or do you find certain effects work best for certain applications?

-AP

In no way did I intend to belittle the Strymon effects -- I have several of them and they are TOP NOTCH.  And I agree with Igglethorpe:  if you want a reverb stomp box, and only ONE reverb stomp box, the Strymon BigSky is hard to compete with.   And you did stress reverb in your original question.

But if you expand the topic just a little bit to include all effects (choruses, phasers, flangers, pitch mod, granular crystals, etc.) the H9 is your box (unless of course you step up to one of the larger Eventide rack boxes -- even an older H3000 would be dreamy with a DSI synth).  I know this is the P12 section of the forum, but I once put my OB-6 through the H9 distortion algorithm... oh mother!

Cheers!
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |