using SysEx to dump a single original preset problem

using SysEx to dump a single original preset problem
« on: April 30, 2020, 10:16:51 PM »
I downloaded the original presets, but they seem to be bundled as one big file. I don't want to dump all of them, just one. I want to dump one single preset via SysEx, is that possible? Thanks

Re: using SysEx to dump a single original preset problem
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 09:06:34 AM »
Totally possible and easy.

Option 1: use HxD hexa editor to view the bank file. Each bank file contains 100 programs 0-99 starting with F0 and ending with F7. Which one do you want? Either I can send it to you or you can extract it yourself from the bank file.
Then you use Midi OX to send the extracted file to the synth.
You need to decide before where you want to send it and adapt the file (in buffer or directly in a bank/program).
I can explain you how to do that as well.

Option 2: use my free Pro 2 editor and librarian. https://ctrlr.org/dsi-pro2-editor-and-librarian/
Go to Programs library tab. Load the complete bank in D1 or D2 (which is on your disk). Select the program you want to extract (will be highlighted in blue as Source program). On the right side, select "Load from disk to buffer" as Program action then Proceed and it will go in your synth's buffer.
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB