What’s the two midi outs for ?

What’s the two midi outs for ?
« on: April 27, 2020, 03:43:17 AM »
As I understand it , the sequencer data for the midi outs has to be copy and pasted from track one to match note data and timing for the midi tracks.

Why has it got two midi outs then ?, I was hoping to be able to sequence other gear with it?

What am I missing here ?

Re: What’s the two midi outs for ?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 09:13:18 AM »
There are separate sequencer destinations for MIDI Out 1 and MIDI Out 2, so you can send sequenced MIDI data independently from each port, allowing you to sequence other gear while minimizing daisy-chaining.

Copying note data from track 1 (plus tracks 2/3 when paraphonic sequencing) and then setting the new track(s) to one of the MIDI Note Out destinations is good if you want to send a sequence you made as part of your patch on the Pro3 to another device. Otherwise, you can use any number of sequencer track set to one of the MIDI Note Out destinations to send unique note sequences to other devices.

For example:

1. Select any empty sequencer track
2. Set this track's destination to MIDI1 N6
3. Press RECORD and play a series a notes from the Pro3's keyboard
4. Press PLAY

Now, the series of notes you recorded is being transmitted from the MIDI Out 1 port on the Pro3 on MIDI channel 6.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 10:47:28 AM »
Thank you.

But this is the issue , I was only able to use midi1 or 2 if I had the same data as sequencer track 1.

So I was unable to have different note event data.

I’m sure it’s user error so I’ll try and figure out what I’m doing wrong.

I’ve had no end of trouble with midi via the usb, so I’ll try din and see if that helps.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 10:49:03 AM by h4ndcrafted »

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 11:18:15 AM »
Currently the MIDI Out sequencer destinations are only for the DIN ports, not USB.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 01:47:38 PM »
Well I have tried it standalone with just din midi. The gates of the first sequencer are directly related to what goes out of, for instance, midi 1

I.e. if I copy and paste a sequence on track 5 and set it to midi 1 for my 303. Then write a new sequence for the internal sound on track 1, it plays midi1 track 5 notes gated to what’s going on in track 1.

What I want to do is have different gate and note data for midi 1 for my 303 to what’s going on in track 1, because you can’t do that at the moment.

Is this not possible ?

So if I mute track 1 it also mutes my midi track on 5, is that normal?

Hence my original question, unless you want to layer the exact same sequence as the track in seq 1 to two different synths, I was trying to understand the point of having midi1 & 2 in the sequencer.

I have the pro 3 set to midi channel 3 and the 303 on midi channel 1 in standalone btw.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 02:04:49 PM by h4ndcrafted »