Where is the "Jump" Patch?

Where is the "Jump" Patch?
« on: April 01, 2016, 09:19:14 PM »
Hey Guys,

I know that I'm going to get beaten up (all in fun I hope) over the question.  However, if I get the right answer it will be worth it.

Since the first time I heard Jump, that growling bass and those ethereal chords coming from the OB-Xa/OB-8, I have obsessed over the patch trying to get it without dropping $5-10k for an OB-8, to no avail.

I just received my OB-6 and quickly ran thru the 500 patches. Unless I missed it, I'm crushed to report its not there.

Ironically, someone in one of the forums posted a warning "this keyboard only plays Jump".  The irony is, that is about all that it doesn't play.

Now playing Jump is not the only reason I parted with $3k, but I certainly expected it as part of the deal. The musicians and sound designers have made some amazing, limit pushing patches. BUT with all due respect, it would be nice to get 50 or 100 immediately recognizable patches from countless songs that have featured the Oberheim sound.

Thanks in advance,

Re: Where is the "Jump" Patch?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 02:44:29 AM »
On the OBX-A and OB8, the patch is just called Brass Ensemble and you need to open the filter to get the sound. Maybe they named it that?

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 08:20:13 AM »
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, a patch list is also not included.

blewis

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 08:31:50 AM »
Just use the free DSI librarian software included to search on Brass... Oh wait. Nevermind.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 09:44:38 AM »
Just use the free DSI librarian software included to search on Brass... Oh wait. Nevermind.
Although if the OB-6 editor is anything like the P-6 editor, it should be possible to read in all the programs from the synth and view them (including names) even in demo mode.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 09:54:50 AM »
i played this and uploaded a short 15 sec vid of it but took it down.
i used preset 000 and closed the attack and release knobs to zero.

ooh i added some plate reverb on it too...

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 11:40:29 AM »
Thanks to everyone for you replies, and for not flaming me :-)

It is a shame there is not an included editor, or a patch list. I will try to tweak patch 000 in the mean time. I also found patch 133 to be somewhere in the ballpark.

I'm not very experienced in programming analog synths.  I cut my teeth on the DX-7 in the 80's. The P6 is my first analog, and after a year of ownership I've only learned to make basic adjustments like ADSR.

Hopefully as time goes on, and more OB6 units are sold, there will be someone who make the patch, or youtubes a tutorial on how to DIY!?

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 12:43:36 PM »
Here is the original patch for the OBX-A. I don't know how well it would translate to the OB-6.
You will still need to open the filter and maybe a little more detune from this OBX-a factory preset.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 12:47:27 PM by vinnyburns »

sofine

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 01:03:57 AM »
Although if the OB-6 editor is anything like the P-6 editor, it should be possible to read in all the programs from the synth and view them (including names) even in demo mode.

If you're referring to the Soundtower P6 editor then demo mode simply shows that you are connected to the editor, but gives you absolutely zero functionality - no librarian, no editing etc.

Not much of a demo  :)

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 01:41:45 AM »

If you're referring to the Soundtower P6 editor then demo mode simply shows that you are connected to the editor, but gives you absolutely zero functionality - no librarian, no editing etc.

Not much of a demo  :)

True.  Not much of an 'editor' in demo mode but still a good 'viewer', which is better than nothing imo. If it got updated and the bugs were fixed then I might consider the full version just for the naming and librarian functionality.  Still horribly overpriced for what it does though.

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 03:51:06 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/randomness-137012714/ob-6-demo

Oh jesus...he's playing a G Major instead of Gsus at the end of the phrase.  Jump fail!

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 06:05:43 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/randomness-137012714/ob-6-demo

Oh jesus...he's playing a G Major instead of Gsus at the end of the phrase.  Jump fail!

Maybe he just wanted to close the case quickly.

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2016, 03:36:17 AM »
Hey Guys,

I know that I'm going to get beaten up (all in fun I hope) over the question.  However, if I get the right answer it will be worth it.

Since the first time I heard Jump, that growling bass and those ethereal chords coming from the OB-Xa/OB-8, I have obsessed over the patch trying to get it without dropping $5-10k for an OB-8, to no avail.

I just received my OB-6 and quickly ran thru the 500 patches. Unless I missed it, I'm crushed to report its not there.

Ironically, someone in one of the forums posted a warning "this keyboard only plays Jump".  The irony is, that is about all that it doesn't play.

Now playing Jump is not the only reason I parted with $3k, but I certainly expected it as part of the deal. The musicians and sound designers have made some amazing, limit pushing patches. BUT with all due respect, it would be nice to get 50 or 100 immediately recognizable patches from countless songs that have featured the Oberheim sound.

Thanks in advance,

Jump should be quite easy. More to the point - can it do 'Love in Itself'? ;)
https://youtu.be/R6hgm0QAb5M