Sound tower Tetra Editor Catalina - iOS Apps

Sound tower Tetra Editor Catalina - iOS Apps
« on: April 25, 2020, 12:59:54 PM »
Hi All! I am preparing to upgrade my mac to OS 10.15 Catalina.

Hi has anyone used the commercial Soundtower Tetra Editor in 64 bit mode on Catalina?

About My Mac-  reports the The Tetra LE editor as  NO to 64 Bit?

I also noticed that the iOS editors were pulled from the App Store. Any word on future availability?

I owned a Mopho and downloaded the iOS editor a few years ago.  It kind of works with the Tetra.   The knobs transmit to the Tetra but on program change I think the editor settings revert to the Mopho program settings.

I also started a Lemur Editor but found limits with menu items. I still have to add the B side code and chase knob settings on program change.

Please advise on any workarounds.   For portability and to fit my workflow, my preference is to use a stand alone editor on an iPhone, iPad or Mac, and to save programs in sysex format.

TY for help, Sam in NJ USA.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 01:06:33 PM by samriccijr »

Re: Sound tower Tetra Editor Catalina - iOS Apps
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 01:56:39 AM »
It sounds like you're planning to upgrade to macOS Catalina and are concerned about the compatibility of the Soundtower Tetra Editor in 64-bit mode. While About My Mac reports that the Tetra LE editor may not be 64-bit compatible, it's worth reaching out to Soundtower directly to confirm compatibility or inquire about updates. Regarding the iOS editors being pulled from the Android App Store, unfortunately, I don't have specific information on future availability. However, it's common for developers to update their apps to ensure compatibility with new operating systems, so keeping an eye on updates or reaching out to the developers could provide more clarity.

Regarding your experience with the Mopho iOS editor, it's interesting that it somewhat works with the Tetra but encounters issues with program changes. It might be worth exploring further or reaching out to the developer for assistance or potential workarounds.

As for the Lemur Editor, encountering limitations with menu items and needing to chase knob settings on program change can be frustrating. You could try reaching out to the Lemur community or support for guidance on overcoming these limitations or optimizing your setup.

Ultimately, for portability and workflow preferences, using a standalone editor on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac and saving programs in sysex format seems like a convenient approach. Exploring different editors and configurations to find what works best for your setup and needs is key.

Re: Sound tower Tetra Editor Catalina - iOS Apps
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 01:07:03 PM »
Unfortunety Tetra LE Free support has been discontinued.

Tetra Pro works well with latest Mac OS as well as Apple Silicon.

Plans are in in place to release a new update in the near future that will include hi DPI screens, Phantom banks and other exciting updates will be included.
Here’s a quick video to show phantom banks for the currently supported synths…

iOS applications are being updated to comply with Apple requirements.
A release date has not been set at this time. We appologize for the inconvenience.
Please check back.

Hope this helps.

Larry Thompson
Soundtower