Absurdly loud calibration

Absurdly loud calibration
« on: April 24, 2020, 10:12:55 AM »
Has anyone else had this happen?

I was noticing a few notes sounded bad on one of my favorite programs so I tried a few menu setting checks and resets, and then finally a calibration. Nothing in the manual says anything about disconnecting outputs first, but as soon as calibration started I was hit with an outrageously loud blast of sound from the headphones I was wearing. I quickly took off/dropped the headphones and shut the synth down.

After turning it back on everything sounds terrible...because my headphones aren't working now. Plugged the synth into speakers and everything sounds totally fine.

I don't know if there was an issue with the phones jack on the synth or if my headphones were already having a problem that caused the initial bad sound, but I was super alarmed by the insanely loud calibration. Also not sure if my headphones died from the sound blast or the subsequent dropping of them. Either way I won't be able to confirm if there's also an issue with the jack since those were my only phones.

All I know is that I won't ever run calibration with outputs plugged in.

FYI, folks.

Re: Absurdly loud calibration
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 05:35:19 AM »
I never had this issue and I never read anything about it on this forum. I think I would contact DSI with this issue. It would, however, of course be good if you could try and reproduce the problem.