Pro3 freezes when in Play List mode with sequencer.

Pro3 freezes when in Play List mode with sequencer.
« on: April 24, 2020, 02:23:33 AM »
Hey guys,

Ive updated the OS to the most recent one on this board.
When Im in Play List mode and press play on the sequencer the Pro 3 completely freezes.
All the buttons become inactive. I can't get out of Play List mode and have to switch it off and on again.

Its fine if I switch off the Play List button once I've found the sound I want but a lot of the time I forget and its frustrating having to switch off the synth every time.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Pym

Re: Pro3 freezes when in Play List mode with sequencer.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 10:34:05 AM »
I just tested it quick here because that sounds pretty serious but it isn't freezing for me. If you can provide more context maybe I can look into it, contact support and send them any info you have

Hey guys,

Ive updated the OS to the most recent one on this board.
When Im in Play List mode and press play on the sequencer the Pro 3 completely freezes.
All the buttons become inactive. I can't get out of Play List mode and have to switch it off and on again.

Its fine if I switch off the Play List button once I've found the sound I want but a lot of the time I forget and its frustrating having to switch off the synth every time.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Sequential

Pym

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 10:44:42 AM »
Actually I just got a freeze. Not sure what caused it but it isn't as simple as it being in playlist mode, although I think it's related.

I'll figure it out shortly and it will be in the next update
Sequential

Pym

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 10:53:00 AM »
Specifically using the track select button freezes the unit, I know why, bug will be fixed in the next release. Just avoid track select while you have playlist on for the moment
Sequential

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 03:00:41 PM »
Thanks Pym!

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 07:51:35 PM »
I am also experiencing freezing of the unit, but not in the modes you mentioned. Mine just randomly freezes while inactive. I am considering returning as it has happened now many times. Also, this is my second Pro 3, the first died the second day I had it.
I love this so much, but am very insecure about this. Anybody else having random freezing probs?

Moho

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 01:48:28 AM »
I am also experiencing freezing of the unit, but not in the modes you mentioned. Mine just randomly freezes while inactive. I am considering returning as it has happened now many times. Also, this is my second Pro 3, the first died the second day I had it.
I love this so much, but am very insecure about this. Anybody else having random freezing probs?

I get random freezes if left idle for more than an hour, its like it goes into a sleep mode that it wont wake from.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 01:13:05 PM »
I got the same freezes as SaxMidiMan. Randomly freezes while inactive. The service workshop (Thomann) said they had fixed the error, which is unfortunately not the case.

Pym

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 01:31:24 PM »
It will be included in a bug fix update that is coming pretty soon, no need to worry about the long term integrity of the instrument!
Sequential

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 03:42:23 PM »
I had two freeze the day before yesterday, but the Pro 3 was not on standby. For one of the freeze, the device was active. Patch creation ... I was on the modulation heading manipulating the modulation points and I was playing at the same time.
Suddenly more sound, more interaction possible. The only solution is to restart the device.

J'ai remonté le bug au support qui m'a proposé de "reset" la machine et de désactiver la mise en veille automatique de l'écran et ensuite d'essayer de provoquer le problème pour voir si celui-ci revenait. Recontacter si nécessaire.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:45:19 PM by lvbeethoven »
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

Pym

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2020, 07:39:46 PM »
Please send all this information to support, this is a critical bug and I want to figure it out but I can't do it alone, support is where to send it!

I had two freeze the day before yesterday, but the Pro 3 was not on standby. For one of the freeze, the device was active. Patch creation ... I was on the modulation heading manipulating the modulation points and I was playing at the same time.
Suddenly more sound, more interaction possible. The only solution is to restart the device.

J'ai remonté le bug au support qui m'a proposé de "reset" la machine et de désactiver la mise en veille automatique de l'écran et ensuite d'essayer de provoquer le problème pour voir si celui-ci revenait. Recontacter si nécessaire.
Sequential

chysn

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 12:46:33 PM »

Same circumstances for me. I was changing the destination of of the mod wheel to effect 2 mix, and then all controls stopped responding. The tap tempo button continued to flash. I'll write to support, as Pym suggested. I wasn't able to reproduce it by doing the same routing again.

Edit And again. This time I was just playing while tapping on the slider.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 12:55:23 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2021, 10:12:35 AM »
Hi, I have same issue.
Do you have a solution?

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2021, 11:51:46 AM »
The same here with a new item, although it happened here (twice within an hour) while being in sequencer mode (didn't used the play list function up to now). I've reported it to the support, together with the Filter LED issue and other problems.