OB6 ARP not Syncing to Tempo of Ext Hardware Sequencer ESQ-1

hrr

OB6 ARP not Syncing to Tempo of Ext Hardware Sequencer ESQ-1
« on: April 18, 2020, 02:46:39 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Just purchased a new OB6 desktop.

I am triggering the arpeggiator via midi from my ESQ-1 sequencer and the arp will start/stop but will not change tempo when I change the tempo in the ESQ-1. It is also NOT in sync.

I am not going to DAW to sequence period. The ESQ-1 is simple, generic if you will but suits me fine.

If this almost $2K machine cannot sync its arpeggiator to simple midi clock tempo change its going to sold.

Any help would be very much appreciated..

hrr

Re: OB6 ARP not Syncing to Tempo of Ext Hardware Sequencer ESQ-1
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 07:09:04 AM »
So no one can chime in?

Is the Beat Sync what replaces the old school standard midi clock tempo sync(apologies if I am not using the correct verbiage)?

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 06:10:40 PM »
So no one can chime in?

Is the Beat Sync what replaces the old school standard midi clock tempo sync(apologies if I am not using the correct verbiage)?

Let me set up my SQ-80 (enhanced ESQ-1) and see what I can come up with...

Okay, it's working fine here. But I had to change the MIDI Clock parameter in the OB6 module from OUT to IN (hit Globals once and 3, change it using the two SELECT buttons and then hit Globals two times to get out).

BTW, I found a software bug doing that because the OB6 cannot display BPM below 30 (the Ensoniq goes down to 25 BPM), and the display is flickering with a minus sign... But it still works. Only the CLOCK display number is affected.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 06:22:47 PM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 09:50:47 AM »
So, did you manage to get things working between your ESQ-1 and OB6 ?
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340