Special Edition Walnut

Bad Brian

• Baller
    • NuBeat Productions
Special Edition Walnut
« on: April 18, 2020, 10:23:36 AM »
I got my SE last week and I am extremely happy with the quality of the build and most importantly, how warm it sounds.   Just awesome!

However, I wished the wood panels look like they do in the pictures.  Mine is pretty bland looking. Not exotic looking like the pics I’ve seen.

Anybody else not as happy with their “wood”? Lol.

Doesn’t effect sound though 😎
Sequential Pro 3 SE, Roland Juno-106, Behringer Model D, Moog Apps, Roland Space Echo RE-20, Alesis HR:16B, Roland SPD-SX

But I'm a drummer

Re: Special Edition Walnut
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 12:47:43 PM »
It's definitely different from the pics, but I actually prefer the look of the shipping versions versus what was shown in the pics myself.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 03:41:52 AM »
It's definitely different from the pics, but I actually prefer the look of the shipping versions versus what was shown in the pics myself.

Now you've got me curious: what's the difference?

I favor darker wood without much red in the tone. I'm hoping that that's how the SE panels look.

That said, the basic black looks excellent, too.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 03:46:03 AM by Scrypt »

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 07:30:04 AM »
It's a lighter colored wood.  The online pics make it looks like a warm reddish orange cherry wood or similar, but in person it's a more like a greyish brown walnut.

blewis

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 07:55:29 AM »
If it’s like their other products, the product shots are done having selected wood suitable for a custom guitar, but the actual products are not select pieces of wood.

My P6 sides look like scrap wood picked up off the floor - 1/2 of the walnut is sap wood which most wood workers discard for visible parts.

It is what it is.

This is not unique to Sequential  manufacturing - I’ve never owned a Gibson that looks as nice as their web page product shots either.

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 02:59:08 PM »
So apparently the solution is to saw your Gibson Les Paul in half and fashion some new end plates from the bookend maple tops. You could use a PRS if you don't have a LP handy!

Sonic Neutronic

• All about the 70s/80s Horror sound
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 05:41:08 PM »
It's a lighter colored wood.  The online pics make it looks like a warm reddish orange cherry wood or similar, but in person it's a more like a greyish brown walnut.

I noticed in Dave’s birthday video that Jean Michelle Jarre also received a “balsa wood edition” of the SE - so I guess they only made one super rich Mahogany version for the marketing Ads
Prophet 5 Rev 4