Small Bug Reports OS 1.2.8.b

cmh

Small Bug Reports OS 1.2.8.b
« on: March 31, 2016, 08:52:16 AM »
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to report bugs for the new OS, but I've noticed some odd behavior from the effects section on my P-6 after updating to OS 1.2.8.b.

First, I noticed that sometimes if I turn off the effects and the turn them back on (on/off button), when I turn them back on they do not work - just dry signal. This seems to happen kind of at random and not all the time.

Second, last night when I turned on my synth, I was getting some really weird behavior from the effects. If I had one effect on, the sound was fine with the effect working properly. However if I tried to add a second effect, they seemed to cancel each other out and the result was a muddy dry sound. This happened over all of the effects and no matter whether I was adding effect A to effect B or vice versa. Additionally, as I was scanning through some of my patches, I noticed that Flanger 2 was acting really strangely with some unpleasant phasing sounds.

I shut down the synth and restarted it, and everything went back to normal after that.

The new OS is awesome!! Just wanted to report these oddities.

(By the way, I should note that I was one of the users who experienced the synth stopping at 1 during the update and not rebooting. I restarted, and everything seems to run smoothly.)

Re: Small Bug Reports OS 1.2.8.b
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 09:10:52 AM »
Hi cmh,

Please email support with exact steps for reproducing the issues you're encountering, and we'll be happy to look further into it for you. I'm unaware any other users reporting bugs matching what you describe with the 1.2.8 beta OS.

-Thanks
SEQUENTIAL

cmh

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 10:07:25 AM »
I will do that, thanks!

SepticUnderground

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 12:13:43 AM »
I have the dry fx mix bug when switching efx on/off also. ( mostly edit the synth from the soundtower software, as the synth is fysically out of my hands range when mixing/arranging

P6 desktop latest OS.