Just encountered my second showstopper bug.

Just encountered my second showstopper bug.
« on: April 13, 2020, 10:54:49 AM »
I really enjoy the Prophet X but has anyone else had a frustrating experience with stability? Just turned on my keyboard and now it freezes every time I try and change the preset. I previously had an issue where revert would freeze the PX with a horrible sound and I had to send it in to get serviced. Just a couple of weeks after getting it back and I can't even effectively use the synth,

In general I get random freezes pretty often and have to power cycle to get sound again (not working in this specific instance). This is the first truly "professional" audio tool I've purchased and I'm really surprised by all of these issues. The Prophet X is a very impressive instrument but I'm wondering if I need to head in another direction or just accept that the PX will be unusable half the time.

Re: Just encountered my second showstopper bug.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 12:08:57 PM »
It's definitely worth getting in touch with Sequential support.  They're fantastically responsive and can generally help sort out any issues that aren't being experienced broadly.

Early on, I had a situation similar to what you describe: I'd flip through presets and the system would hang or restart.  It was eventually tracked back to a part of the preset memory that hadn't been properly initialized at the factory (as I had one of the very early units.)  Properly initializing preset memory from the debug menu took care of the problem, and I haven't seen the issue resurface.

... but support will be the folks who know what people are experiencing and can help determine what issue your symptoms line up best with, as well as what to do about it.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 03:04:56 PM »
Thanks, I reached out. Sequential support was very helpful last time I had an issue, just needed to vent since I've only had it back from them for about two weeks.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 12:10:11 PM »
Well, the horrible noise when pressing "revert" has come back. Hopefully I don't have to send it in again to get fixed but it really seems like I got a lemon of a unit.

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 07:02:28 AM »
Did you fix the freezing problem? I also have it, it froze for the 5th time today..
I'm not using it anymore at this point.. Assistance is a bit slow but on the case, but no positive results so far..