Want MIDI sync in but can´t stop seq from starting

Want MIDI sync in but can´t stop seq from starting
« on: September 12, 2016, 01:33:39 AM »
I had a gig this saturday. Loved playing the OB6! But when the drum machine started it started the sequencer on the OB6 as well. Couldn´t find a way to get the settings for avoiding this. I chose MIDI Clock - In and MIDI Control - Off. What am I missing?
Plays the bass (w Minimoog Voyager) and does the voice (w vocoder) in the all electronic and computer free band Göteborgselektronikerna (Gothenburg Electronic Engineers)
Musician since 25 years (mainly bass) but just recently started playing keys.

sofine

Re: Want MIDI sync in but can´t stop seq from starting
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 02:27:31 AM »
I had a gig this saturday. Loved playing the OB6! But when the drum machine started it started the sequencer on the OB6 as well. Couldn´t find a way to get the settings for avoiding this. I chose MIDI Clock - In and MIDI Control - Off. What am I missing?

You are almost there - choose NSS instead of in. Go to the midi clock global settings, where you have chosen IN, continue further into the options until you see NSS - this keeps you in sync but doesn't start the sequencer each time.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 04:44:54 AM »
Whats a good choice for external live sequencer/recorder to record  :)midi from the OB-6 and say another drum machine? :)

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 11:02:39 AM »

You are almost there - choose NSS instead of in. Go to the midi clock global settings, where you have chosen IN, continue further into the options until you see NSS - this keeps you in sync but doesn't start the sequencer each time.

Thanks!
Plays the bass (w Minimoog Voyager) and does the voice (w vocoder) in the all electronic and computer free band Göteborgselektronikerna (Gothenburg Electronic Engineers)
Musician since 25 years (mainly bass) but just recently started playing keys.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 07:20:24 AM »
Arturia beatstep pro.

I use it in my setup to sync my akai s950, tempest,  my jupiter, 80 and ob6.

Whats a good choice for external live sequencer/recorder to record  :)midi from the OB-6 and say another drum machine? :)