The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Sequential Pro 3 versus Nord Wave 2

Quai34

• FORMER PROFESSOR AT THE UNIVERSITY OF SAINT-BONIFA
Sequential Pro 3 versus Nord Wave 2
« on: April 09, 2020, 05:39:47 PM »
Hi Guys,
I'm reading more than posting here because I'm praticing a lot for my new Cover band for the last year but anytime I asked a question when I was restarting music after a break of 10 years and I had always received very usefull advices....Especially in telling me that the P08 was a great synth compared to what you could read on Forum.... And that it was going to be a very nice synth with my Matrix 1000.
So, I have always hesitated to buy a mono synth because I always play chords a lot so, having one synth only to play one note only was feeling like a waste....
But the Pro3 could play 4 notes even if I should be using it more with one note only. But I had always wanted a Nord Wave but now that the Nord Wave 2 is also out, I'm hesitating a lot.
Any thoughts...??
Stage 2, NL2X+TC Pedals, Nord C2, Matrix 1000 X2, Proteus 2000, Prophet 12 & P08//Tetra+Eventide H9, TX802, Roland D50+PG1000, AX5080, AX keytar, Waldorf Streichfett, 2 Yorkville PS-10P, Bass: Ibanez SR1200+G&L L2000. Guitars: G&L Legacy HSS, Asat Blueboys, Asat Deluxe Savanna, Ibanez Artstar AS153

jg666

Re: Sequential Pro 3 versus Nord Wave 2
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 01:46:33 AM »
Just a minor point :) The  Pro3 is a 3-voice paraphonic synth so you can only play 3 notes at the same time in paraphonic mode. The Pro2 can play 4 :)

In my humble opinion the Nord Wave 2 and the Pro3 are totally different beasts.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6

Re: Sequential Pro 3 versus Nord Wave 2
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 11:42:53 PM »
Seems like a lot of touring keyboard musicians have at least one mono synth, one stage piano and one workstation or poly synth to the side.
Prophet 6, Prophet X, Moog Sub 37, Tempest Drum Computer, Roland V Piano, Fender American Stratocaster, Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii, Origin Effects Cali76 and SlideRig compressor, ASUS Zenbook Pro Computer, Soundcraft MTK 22 Mixer, Mark Of The Unicorn Digital Performer 10 Software.