loading syex banks and using Soundtower

loading syex banks and using Soundtower
« on: April 07, 2020, 01:50:19 PM »
I loaded a few sysex banks from various places and all worked great until I open soundtower to edit them and all my patches in soundtower merge with those in the synth. Some change and some don't. Cant figure out how to load presets from third party and go through them and find ones I like to save because it only lets me save patches to the currrent bank on the synth and when I open the editor is overwrites them with all the programes I saved in the Tetra plugin Se editor. and I lose them.

Also is there a way to import the sysex into the soundtower editor instead of to the synth?

Re: loading syex banks and using Soundtower
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 01:05:02 PM »
Hi there...!!
I started programming Tetr4 and using the ST editor a few months ago (during lockdown) and I've experienced all the problems you've mentioned...

Here is the workflow I do to avoid the purchase of the advanced editor:

Once you have loaded the banks of your choice in your unit (with MidiOx or similar) as soon as you open the editor, look for the option to send the current banks on your Tetr4 to the program... You can choose any particular bank, or all of them (including the Combos)... Finally, before closing session, save that bank configuration with the names of the banks (if they have been downloaded, for further reference)...

Remember to save the thing if you have previously edited any patch and you want to keep the changes...

The editor lets you load all the factory data...

Another workflow advice, and I think, very usefull:

The ST free editor lets you load patches with .syx format... So, storing any patch you have created under this format is always more flexible than using its own, that only allows loading exclusively within the editor...
Note that when you click on 'save program', by default, just shows you the ST extension, but lets you type .syx instead, before saving it succesfully...
That sysex string does not include the program and bank position of the patch, and loads in the edit buffer memory of the unit, letting you choose where to store it...
So, its the best way to share patches with people...!

It's worth to mention that, when you save a sysex patch with the Tetr4, the file includes the original position... and loading it on another Tetr4 wil overwrite the patch stored on the same program number and bank...

Uff... I hope this would help somebody...

Cheers...!!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 01:07:40 PM by kaiwetronic »
2xMatrix-1000+Stereoping Programmer+Polychainer / Prophet-12 Module / Tetr4 / MKS-50 / CZ-3000 / Blofeld / Micromonsta / MiniAK / Roland SC-55 / Korg 05R/W / Korg MS-20 mk2 / Toraiz AS-1 / Shruthi-1 / Typhon / Crave / AS Mr. Hyde / Eventide H9 / Zoom MS-70cdr / Yamaha EMP-100 / Alesis Midiverb-4