The other Dave: The world of Rossum Electro-Music

The other Dave: The world of Rossum Electro-Music
« on: March 29, 2016, 04:34:06 AM »
From this year the other uncle Dave, Dave Rossum the founder of E-mu Systems made debut of his own synth manufacturer   "Rossum Electro-Music". There are many exciting eurorack products being announced with the first one already shipping, the Evolution the Variable Character Ladder Filter.

I'm eagerly waiting to hear their Morpheus, the 14pole Z-Plane Filter Module, which is an advanced form of the Morpheus sound module back in the early '90s. It is announced to hit the market in late Spring this year.

http://www.rossum-electro.com

Any thoughts or expectations of this another wonderful synth world??
prophet 12, PRO2, mono evolver KB, Hikari Duo, Cobalt5S, Hydrasynth Explorer, microFreak, 0-Coast, 0-CTRL, ensoniq VFX-SD, Kurzweil PC361, Roland V-Synth, SH-4d, JD-XA, TB-3, A-50, KORG 800DV, wavestate, modwave, kaossilator 2, volca nubass/modular, SQ-1, iOS/Mac

chysn

Re: The other Dave: The world of Rossum Electro-Music
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 05:08:32 AM »
This is the sort eurorack stuff that DSI should be making, with lots of digital circuitry controlling voltage in an analog signal path. His filters will probably be the bread and butter of his business, but the Control Forge/Satellite is a brilliant idea.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 09:05:47 AM »
His modules look great. I would definitely try them out once they're released.

Here's a very recent conversation with him:

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 03:27:07 PM »
Here's a very recent conversation with him:

This video is great to watch. Didn't know he was invested by Universal Audio, and started thinking about making euroracks when he heard about them from UA people in January Winter NAMM Show 2015.

Also was surprised to know that uncle Rossum doesn't play any musical instruments but purely is an engineer. May be that explains his focus on the clear sound and high-end priced market like E-mu modular, great masterpiece.

I also think Control Forge/Satellite is a brilliant idea. I'm sort of becoming bored with ADSR only EG in the market, and looking very much forward to use these two as 8-stage EG, if that's really possible.

If I ever get a chance to buy the Morpheus, and Control Forge etc, I'd like to try them out with Mutable Instruments Elements the phys-mo synthesis oscillator module and so on.
prophet 12, PRO2, mono evolver KB, Hikari Duo, Cobalt5S, Hydrasynth Explorer, microFreak, 0-Coast, 0-CTRL, ensoniq VFX-SD, Kurzweil PC361, Roland V-Synth, SH-4d, JD-XA, TB-3, A-50, KORG 800DV, wavestate, modwave, kaossilator 2, volca nubass/modular, SQ-1, iOS/Mac

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 06:48:37 PM »
"Rossum Electro-Music Synth Modules Demo - Dave Rossum"

I missed this thread first time around, but am happy to add to it now that I've found it.
On another forum, a member posted a link to a video they took of Dave Rossum giving a talk at a Perfect Circuit event.  Really nice to hear from the horse's mouth the story of E-Mu and then a great like run through the Rossum Electro-Music modules by someone who obviously got as much joy from creating the instruments he is demoing as we will get from using them.

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 12:27:56 PM »
I always wonder if we'll see Rossum do a keyboard based sampler again.