New free OpenSource Sysex Librarian - The KnobKraft Orm (with download)

Re: New free OpenSource Sysex Librarian - The KnobKraft Orm (with download)
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2021, 02:58:15 PM »
this is a great tool, really smart design, visually it's uncluttered and you've made it easy to keep track of what's what through the imports window, very simple to keep what's on the synth and what's in the librarian discrete, I usually find librarian software confusing with this aspect. thank you for providing the opportunity to edit the tag names as well, this was thoughtful of you and much appreciated.

as others have mentioned, naturally I've gone across the user banks (I've always hated how many there were on my Rev2 to be honest) and tagged things, and naturally I now want to reorganize them so that they spread out in the user banks in a more sensible way when I'm just on hardware with no computer. Maybe like a cut/copy/paste in the main window so you could save the database configurations then dump to the synth?
but seems like you're developing this already for a v2 of the software, so kudos! one question for you, is there anywhere on the display that shows the preset number of the patch? the name is clearly listed in the rectangles, but I can't find the corresponding U#P### number, though I can do the math just by counting them in the meantime. Thanks again!

Loading just faves into the synth?
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2022, 10:35:32 AM »
Hey y'all.... finally got into the forum.... This KnobKraft is killer, but I am easily confused.   How can I load my faves as a single bank...anyone know?   THANKS!

kris

Re: Loading just faves into the synth?
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2022, 10:35:53 AM »
Hey y'all.... finally got into the forum.... This KnobKraft is killer, but I am easily confused.   How can I load my faves as a single bank...anyone know?   THANKS!
Thank you! It's not your fault, it's mine ;-) I originally intended the KnobKraft to store all patches on the computer, like Lightroom stores all my photos. And then if you want to search for a specific patch, you just use the computer while attached to the synth. Disclaimer: I don't gig and don't need the patches in the synth's memory.

But I understood that most people probably correctly expect a bank management feature from a Sysex Librarian ;-), so this is what I'm working on now. It is a side project with only limited time available, but I hope to get there by spring!
Check out the free Sysex Librarian for Sequential and more https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2022, 09:16:35 PM »
Looks very nice but fails to open for me. Displays the Yes No window very briefly then crashes.

kris

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2022, 09:25:12 AM »
Looks very nice but fails to open for me. Displays the Yes No window very briefly then crashes.
Hm, that shouldn't be the case? Which version/platform did you try? I was told there were some errors on Windows 7 machines with the latest build.
Check out the free Sysex Librarian for Sequential and more https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm

kris

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2022, 07:43:12 AM »
Hm, that shouldn't be the case? Which version/platform did you try? I was told there were some errors on Windows 7 machines with the latest build.
Which have been fixed by now, the 1.14.2 works again for Windows 7, Windows 10 of course and macOS from 10.14 onwards I believe.

Hi Aleos, sorry seeing this only now, somehow the Sequential forum doesn't do email notifications for me...

You may have tried this already, and I don't yet know if it works, but there are settings via your Profile link, near the top of the page:

Profile > Modify Profile > (Hover for a drop down menu) > Notifications

There are some settings there, including:

[ x ] Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic

Thanks for making the Orm.  I've been using it for a while, but didn't have a Rev 2 until recently.  The new release looks good  8).  I'll try it properly over the weekend.

Re: Loading just faves into the synth?
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2022, 02:17:47 PM »

This reply may be too late to still be useful, but what you can do is import the bank into KnobKraft Orm, then click on a patch, which loads it into the edit buffer of the Rev 2.  You can then manually save it to where you want that particular patch to be, by pressing Write, then turning the knobs to set the bank and patch number, then pressing Write again.

It would be a bit of a chore to do that 128 times in a row, but if you do it gradually as you try the patches, it's no real hardship.

I can't find the corresponding U#P### number, though I can do the math just by counting them in the meantime. Thanks again!
That now works in the latest release, which is 1.16.0.  There's a drop down menu to choose whether you see just the name, the name and the patch number (including the bank) or those plus the name of the second layer... You can also choose to only see the numbers, but I gather that's meant for synths that don't have patch names.

There are now two sliders for setting the number of rows and columns of patches in the Orm too  8)

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2024, 07:13:17 AM »
Hi all!

I'm new to synth in general and struggling to get to grips with most things! I've got some sysex files that contain a single patch and I want to send them over to a particular bank and program on the Pro 3. I've got KnobKraft speaking to the Pro 3, but I can't see any obvious way to load a sysex file and send it over to replace an existing patch. I've also tried midi-ox, but that's even more confusing! Any help would be greatly appericated.

Thanks!

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2024, 08:10:39 AM »
@Turak64, the way I do it on the Rev2 is to send to the Edit buffer, by clicking on the patch in the Library tab in KnobKraft, then save it manually on the synth to the bank and patch slot where I want it to go, using the synth's own menus.

You have to have your synth ticked on the Setup tab in KnobKraft, before you can click on the Library tab.  If you have more than one synth ticked in Setup, you'll also see a tab to select each one, near top right.