The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

New free OpenSource Sysex Librarian - The KnobKraft Orm (with download)

Re: New free OpenSource Sysex Librarian - The KnobKraft Orm (with download)
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2020, 05:04:55 AM »
Just started using this on a Mac - very useful, thanks for your efforts. Would certainly be interested in a bank management feature should you ever have time to develop one

kris

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2020, 01:01:49 PM »
Thank you guys! I will certainly get back to this once the weather gets worse, my little sailboat is in its shelter and the nights get long enough for this kind of hobby!
Check out the free Rev2 and OB-6 and Sysex Librarian https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm
DSI Prophet Rev 2 (16) - DSI OB-6 - Korg DW 8000 - Oberheim Matrix 1000 - Kawai K3M - Access Virus B - Roland MKS 80 - Behringer Model D

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2020, 09:39:19 AM »
Hi, I'm new on here and not sure if this is where I'm supposed to post this question but, I just wondered if anyone could give me some advise. I've created some new patches on the User banks of my Prophet Rev2 and I wanted to know is there a way I can transfer/save the patches onto my computer just in case there's a problem and they are lost on the actual synth.
Any help will be appreciated! Thanks

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2020, 10:12:07 PM »
Thanks a lot Kris! This is so nice. I haven't messed around with it very much yet but I did get it to load my patches and I seem to be experiencing a midi data loop. Do you think there's something going on with a setting in the knobkraft orm, or something on my end? Im using ableton along with a bunch of other gear.

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2020, 11:12:53 PM »
Yep, its looking like there was a quick fix for the midi data loop. I went to the macros tab and unchecked the box labeled "forward midi to synth." I'm not sure if this will hinder me from something else later but at least my arp works properly now.

kris

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2020, 01:13:30 PM »
Yep, its looking like there was a quick fix for the midi data loop. I went to the macros tab and unchecked the box labeled "forward midi to synth." I'm not sure if this will hinder me from something else later but at least my arp works properly now.
Ups, yes, that seems to be a bit undocumented by me - I will make this default off, because it really is meant to be used with the modules and not with the keybed version, and when you want to play multiple modules from the same masterkeyboard.
Check out the free Rev2 and OB-6 and Sysex Librarian https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm
DSI Prophet Rev 2 (16) - DSI OB-6 - Korg DW 8000 - Oberheim Matrix 1000 - Kawai K3M - Access Virus B - Roland MKS 80 - Behringer Model D

kris

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2020, 01:20:22 PM »
Hi, I'm new on here and not sure if this is where I'm supposed to post this question but, I just wondered if anyone could give me some advise. I've created some new patches on the User banks of my Prophet Rev2 and I wanted to know is there a way I can transfer/save the patches onto my computer just in case there's a problem and they are lost on the actual synth.
Any help will be appreciated! Thanks
Hi Robrev2,

the Orm will do that for you!

What I do is basically - import all banks once into the Orm (or just load the Sequential provided factory programs syx file into the Orm, so it knows all factory presets). After that, whenever you use the "Import Patches from Synth" button, the Orm will download a bank (I only use Bank U1) *and only create new entries for new patches*, because it fingerprints patches and will not re-report known ones, so you will not end up with duplicates. Well, you will end up with duplicates but they might differ very little (use the patch compare function to find out how).

I got so used to this I do not even bother where I store the patches in the synth, after a session I will just import Bank U1 and will see how many patches I have created. I also rename them only in the computer, they will all be called Basic Program A, and not doing the scroll-to-the-letter-with-encoder 80s type of data entry.

You will also get each bank import as a filter entry in the dropdown, so the patches will be permanently grouped by the session in which they were imported, which could also be useful to find them again (the session is timestamped so if you vaguely remember the date, you'll be fine).