New free OpenSource Sysex Librarian - The KnobKraft Orm (with download)

Re: New free OpenSource Sysex Librarian - The KnobKraft Orm (with download)
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2020, 05:04:55 AM »
Just started using this on a Mac - very useful, thanks for your efforts. Would certainly be interested in a bank management feature should you ever have time to develop one

kris

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2020, 01:01:49 PM »
Thank you guys! I will certainly get back to this once the weather gets worse, my little sailboat is in its shelter and the nights get long enough for this kind of hobby!
Check out the free Sysex Librarian for Sequential and more https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2020, 09:39:19 AM »
Hi, I'm new on here and not sure if this is where I'm supposed to post this question but, I just wondered if anyone could give me some advise. I've created some new patches on the User banks of my Prophet Rev2 and I wanted to know is there a way I can transfer/save the patches onto my computer just in case there's a problem and they are lost on the actual synth.
Any help will be appreciated! Thanks

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2020, 10:12:07 PM »
Thanks a lot Kris! This is so nice. I haven't messed around with it very much yet but I did get it to load my patches and I seem to be experiencing a midi data loop. Do you think there's something going on with a setting in the knobkraft orm, or something on my end? Im using ableton along with a bunch of other gear.

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2020, 11:12:53 PM »
Yep, its looking like there was a quick fix for the midi data loop. I went to the macros tab and unchecked the box labeled "forward midi to synth." I'm not sure if this will hinder me from something else later but at least my arp works properly now.

kris

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2020, 01:13:30 PM »
Yep, its looking like there was a quick fix for the midi data loop. I went to the macros tab and unchecked the box labeled "forward midi to synth." I'm not sure if this will hinder me from something else later but at least my arp works properly now.
Ups, yes, that seems to be a bit undocumented by me - I will make this default off, because it really is meant to be used with the modules and not with the keybed version, and when you want to play multiple modules from the same masterkeyboard.
Check out the free Sysex Librarian for Sequential and more https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm

kris

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2020, 01:20:22 PM »
Hi, I'm new on here and not sure if this is where I'm supposed to post this question but, I just wondered if anyone could give me some advise. I've created some new patches on the User banks of my Prophet Rev2 and I wanted to know is there a way I can transfer/save the patches onto my computer just in case there's a problem and they are lost on the actual synth.
Any help will be appreciated! Thanks
Hi Robrev2,

the Orm will do that for you!

What I do is basically - import all banks once into the Orm (or just load the Sequential provided factory programs syx file into the Orm, so it knows all factory presets). After that, whenever you use the "Import Patches from Synth" button, the Orm will download a bank (I only use Bank U1) *and only create new entries for new patches*, because it fingerprints patches and will not re-report known ones, so you will not end up with duplicates. Well, you will end up with duplicates but they might differ very little (use the patch compare function to find out how).

I got so used to this I do not even bother where I store the patches in the synth, after a session I will just import Bank U1 and will see how many patches I have created. I also rename them only in the computer, they will all be called Basic Program A, and not doing the scroll-to-the-letter-with-encoder 80s type of data entry.

You will also get each bank import as a filter entry in the dropdown, so the patches will be permanently grouped by the session in which they were imported, which could also be useful to find them again (the session is timestamped so if you vaguely remember the date, you'll be fine).

kris

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2020, 02:38:05 AM »
This is just to say that I just released version 1.7.3, which contains a few little new functions like exporting sysex edit buffer files from the database to be sent to somebody else. I believe this had been requested somewhere here or in some other forum :-)

Mauro

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2020, 02:52:36 AM »
Ehi Kris, I can't find the OSX downloads on your page.... :-\ :-\ :-\

kris

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2020, 05:49:42 AM »
Ehi Kris, I can't find the OSX downloads on your page.... :-\ :-\ :-\
Ah Mauro, you got me there! Os X was available for the previous versions, but I have now uploaded the Os X of the latest 1.7.5. I added it, here is the direct link:

https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm/releases/download/1.7.5/KnobKraft_Orm-1.7.5-Darwin.dmg

You're the first to try this build, so in case something doesn't work as expected, please let me know. I have heard this does not work for older OS X, so you need at least 10.14 (Mojave).

kris

New version released
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2020, 04:35:47 AM »
Today I released a new version with a few fixes and more synth support. I also did major changes to the USB code with plug'n'play support for those using the Rev2 via USB, interested to hear if that works. You can download the version 1.8.0 from the github's release page, or here is the direct link to the release notes and the download files for Windows and Mac:

https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm/releases/tag/1.8.0

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2020, 02:33:15 AM »
Hey Kris,

First of all, thanks for the awesome work!

Just installed this last night, but i have a couple of issues:
1. I connected it with the REV2 and tried to load the factory presets downloaded from the Sequential. Everything worked fine, but when i also tried to load the '08 presets, it didn't do anything (no error message, no presets loaded in the table)
2. I also tried connecting my Matrix 1000, but it won't connect. Is there any settings i have to do on the Matrix, beside the MIDI channel?

Iulian

kris

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2020, 10:41:22 AM »
Hey Kris,

First of all, thanks for the awesome work!
Hi Iulian, thank you!

Just installed this last night, but i have a couple of issues:
1. I connected it with the REV2 and tried to load the factory presets downloaded from the Sequential. Everything worked fine, but when i also tried to load the '08 presets, it didn't do anything (no error message, no presets loaded in the table)
Ah, good point. The reason I do not accept the Prophet 08 patches into the Rev2's database is that they won't come back the same from the synth, as it does a conversion/upgrade of the patches to the Rev2 data structure. If you then call them back from the synth, they will appear as "new" because they do not match byte-by-byte with those in the database, duplicating themselves.

On the other hand, now that the 1.8.0 KnobKraft has the delete function, I could allow that and then after you sent them to the synth could just delete the version from the old import. The way I did it was to send the whole 08 bank into the Rev2 via Midi Ox, and then do a bank download into the Orm having them all in the Rev2 format.

2. I also tried connecting my Matrix 1000, but it won't connect. Is there any settings i have to do on the Matrix, beside the MIDI channel?
Hm, good point. The MIDI channel will be detected by the software - but I know from my Matrix that is somewhat of a MIDI diva, sometimes it just doesn't play along. The way I revive it to cooperate in sysex is to initiate a manual patch dump from the device. After it has sent somethign (no matter if somebody listens to it or not), it feels more like it and also replies to sysex queries. I never found out why, I am running the 1.20 firmware.

The Matrix 1000 manual states only that memory protect must be off, else the Matrix will ignore all dumps. That shouldn'T be it?

Aleos

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2021, 08:53:58 AM »
Hey Kris, just wanted to say thanks so much for the awesome work. I'm on Mac, just dl'd the app, and it's great. So excited to have a clear, and user friendly, librarian.

Theres something that, as new user of hardware midi, I'm really baffled by. Maybe you could give me a hint where to look in your software.
I've bought a great soundset by a user on here named Creativespiral, but I can't for the life of me understand how to export the collection onto my Rev2. I have both your software, and Codeknobs editor, and can't seem to find a button/screen/menu that says "export to Rev2".

I know most of you will chuckle at this issue,  ;D, but for a newbie, it seems harder than it should be.

Anyway, thanks for your work and time. Much appreciated.

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2021, 08:29:57 PM »
Thank you so much for this, very easy to use. Extremely robust very well designed!

kris

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2021, 02:09:25 AM »
Hey Kris, just wanted to say thanks so much for the awesome work. I'm on Mac, just dl'd the app, and it's great. So excited to have a clear, and user friendly, librarian.

Theres something that, as new user of hardware midi, I'm really baffled by. Maybe you could give me a hint where to look in your software.
I've bought a great soundset by a user on here named Creativespiral, but I can't for the life of me understand how to export the collection onto my Rev2. I have both your software, and Codeknobs editor, and can't seem to find a button/screen/menu that says "export to Rev2".

I know most of you will chuckle at this issue,  ;D, but for a newbie, it seems harder than it should be.

Anyway, thanks for your work and time. Much appreciated.
Hi Aleos, sorry seeing this only now, somehow the Sequential forum doesn't do email notifications for me...

You probably have figured this out by now - just load the purchased syx file via the "Import sysex files from computer" function. It will display the loaded patches, and send each one into the edit buffer with a single click to audition.

It will not overwrite the patches inside the synth's memory - this is actually by design, as I use it in the home studio to try out patches and do a quick search across all synths I own, and audition them. Arranging the sounds in the memory of the synths hasn't been a priority for me, as I don't gig. The feature is on the list however, as "bank management" in a more traditional way. That'll probably be version 2 of my software.

You can of course send the purchased bank into the synth via SysexLibrarian or any other generic tool, especially after you backuped all data in the Synth using the KnobKraft Orm, you will know that you will never accidentally lose a patch again by overwriting it ;-)

kris

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2021, 02:09:50 AM »
Thank you so much for this, very easy to use. Extremely robust very well designed!
Thank you, feedback is appreciated!

Mauro

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2021, 02:40:26 AM »
Hi Kris, your library looks very good, so I downloaded the OSX version. In the dmg there are some files, and the KnobKraftOrm obviously go in the application folder, but where have to put the include, bin and lib folders?
Thank you very much for your work and your infos.

kris

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2021, 01:40:28 PM »
Hi Kris, your library looks very good, so I downloaded the OSX version. In the dmg there are some files, and the KnobKraftOrm obviously go in the application folder, but where have to put the include, bin and lib folders?
Thank you very much for your work and your infos.
Hups, those shouldn't be there ;)

I guess you can safely ignore them. It's been a while since I had my hands on a Mac, so I kind of rely on the build machine to still produce useful results... maybe you can send me a screenshot of what is happening via github or PM here?

New Version is amazing,so slick! Thanks so much ;)