What do the letters DN mean at the end of Layer B in edit mode?

I am brand new to the Prophet 12, new to the forum, and had a question.

I noticed when I press Edit Layer B and the A and B layers are the same sound, the letters "DN" many times appear at the end of the B layer sound name.  Occasionally the letter "B" appears, as well as "5th's" which is in the It's a Prophet" first patch. 

Can someone tell me what DN and B stand for?  I can't find anything on this in the manual or online.

I'm just heading up the learning curve, I'm really enjoying this keyboard, and I appreciate any help members could provide.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 02:00:16 PM by PatOly »

Re: What do the letters DN mean at the end of Layer B in edit mode?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 10:25:47 AM »
Ran this question by Sequential and heard immediately from Carson Day.  The letters refer to the sound designer who built the sound, not some function on the Prophet that I couldn't figure out...good to know...

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 10:38:21 AM »
Welcome and congrats on getting the Prophet 12, it's a very fully featured synth. You should find plenty of good tips and tricks in this forum, some of them might need proper time to digest as this synth goes very deep.

One quick tip that really helped with the workflow for me that might save you some time: When assigning modulation for an LFO or ENV, just hold that selector button (1, 2, 3, 4 and ENV 3, 4) and wiggle a knob to assign that mod target. Also, if you want to use the mod matrix assign button, you can holed the "Assign mod source" while pressing the OSC, LFO and ENV selector buttons to quickly select those as mod sources. I very rarely have to manually scroll down the mod matrix list since I realised that.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 07:46:26 PM »
Sorry, mrj1nx,

I apparently failed to enable Notifications when I joined the forum and so I just saw your post and tip.  I have been pressing the Assign Mod Source but your way is much quicker.  Appreciate you responding and thanks so much!