File not found (V1.4): "Straight & tight", "Spud & Stump"

File not found (V1.4): "Straight & tight", "Spud & Stump"
« on: March 28, 2016, 11:15:28 PM »
Trying to download demo projects on my new Tempest. These 2 did not load, the others are there. Is there a way to upload them to the machine from another source?

sofine

Re: File not found (V1.4): "Straight & tight", "Spud & Stump"
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 02:23:15 AM »
Trying to download demo projects on my new Tempest. These 2 did not load, the others are there. Is there a way to upload them to the machine from another source?

Maybe your memory is full. Try deleting a few projects you don't need (or back them up and delete them) to see if "Straight & tight", "Spud & Stump" then load.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 04:34:09 AM »
I don't think lack of space is the problem
- The error is "file not found"
- I have 1.8MB left, the project files are much smaller
- Other projects do load (including ones that are bigger)

This is a brand new Tempest, I think the 2 projects were not included in ROM for some reason

sofine

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 08:51:15 AM »
Hmmm. Maybe try downloading the project files again, they might have got corrupted in the download perhaps. Other than that, I'd contact DSI support - they are pretty fast at responding.

I don't think lack of space is the problem
- The error is "file not found"
- I have 1.8MB left, the project files are much smaller
- Other projects do load (including ones that are bigger)

This is a brand new Tempest, I think the 2 projects were not included in ROM for some reason

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 04:52:18 PM »
Same problem here

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 03:16:19 AM »
Every section of Tempest Projects/Beats/Sounds has it's own capacity.With that in mind you should delete things in the appropriate section.If not sure about the size try deleting 2-3 Projects/Beats/Sounds and then upload 1 or 2 of them.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 03:43:32 AM »
I managed to download them from the DSI web site, and all is fine now.

It is just a hygiene thing: a brand new, shiny clean Tempest should not show these type of errors. Especially for the "straight kit" which is an obvious neutral starting point to design beats.

Another hygiene issue, when you initiate a new project, the starting sounds are all over the place with labels that do not match. Again, you can fix it, but it is not encouraging for a new user who is trying to find her way around the instrument.

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 07:17:23 AM »
yeah that was confusing me as well.

initializing a beat and i see all these labels and they dont even  match the sounds on the pads. thats why i was asking some  dumb questions about this in another thread. i expect "initialize" to be a blank slate,  no label, no sounds, nothing. even reformatting the drive left sounds and labels and it was confusing.

there are some cats out there who made a TRUE blank beat/slate so tat when you load that, there is no sounds and just "clear" on the pads, which is more pleasing to this novice temptest user.