SOLVED: Midi Out + Arpeggiator issues

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
SOLVED: Midi Out + Arpeggiator issues
« on: March 30, 2020, 08:13:03 PM »
I am having bad issues relating to both the midi out and the Arpeggiator....it’s kind of hard to explain, I have taken videos of the behavior.  Is there any way to post videos directly from my phone to this thread or must I upload the videos to YouTube or something?

I’ll try to explain...when the midi out cable is plugged into the back of the synth the Arpeggiator does not trigger half of the time...and then I remove the midi out from the synth and the Arpeggiator will trigger normally. 

I can record midi notes into Logic and the midi notes will be played back when the Arpeggiator is having the issue of not triggering normally. 

I turn the Pro 3 off and back on, the Arpeggiator triggers normally, I can record midi notes into Logic, but then logic will not play the notes back.  This is when the arpeggiator is acting normal....what a huge issue this is.  It makes the Pro 3 absolutely useless for me.  I’m certain no one here has experienced this as I’m sure we would have heard about it. 

Im running the most current Logic version and the OS of the Pro 3 is 1.0.0

Using midi din cables with a MOTU midi interface

Ugh.... 😫
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 02:18:12 PM by cbmd »
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
Re: Midi Out + Arpeggiator issues
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 06:35:32 AM »
Also want to state that the problem most certainly is only with the Pro 3 in my studio setup.  I just plugged in my Evolver Keyboard to the same midi in and out and the Evolver works perfectly fine. 

Could this Pro 3 be a dud?  I’ve messed with all global settings and nothing fixes it.  Is there a more current firmware update for the Pro 3 than the original one I have?

SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 06:54:29 AM »
There is a beta firmware out, posted in the pro3 area here. Might be worth trying it and see if it addresses your problem.

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 07:59:29 AM »
Thank you!  I fixed the problem, was totally not Pro 3 fault....It was a midi feedback loop in Logic, simply disabled the Record Arm on the Audio Instrument track and problem immediately fixed.   

What a synth, love this Pro 3 more than any synth ever owned 🖤
www.syzygyxmusic.com