Prophet Rev2 Main Outputs Distortion

snm10

Prophet Rev2 Main Outputs Distortion
« on: March 21, 2020, 06:44:15 PM »
Hey all -

I'm hearing an awful distortion through the Rev2 main outputs. I've contacted Sequential support team, but they don't seem to know what is wrong. They do told me that it might be a hardware fault at the output stage.

Here I attach a audio sample. It is recorded at -20dbs, without any FX, EQ or compression.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Juan

Re: Prophet Rev2 Main Outputs Distortion
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 04:13:29 PM »
I have the same problem, what should I do??

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 05:07:15 PM »
I seem to remember that on some earlier OS versions, sometimes the Distortion effect was remaining On even though it was turned Off, making everything distorted. Especially when selecting F1 P67 Can't Kill Me factory patch and changing patch. This has been fixed in later OS revisions.

I would make sure that you have the latest OS installed.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 10:40:34 PM »
I contacted Sequential, they think it's one transistor or more on the output circuit which requires replacement. They send them transistors for me via mail, very quick and focused support. Well done Sequential/DSI.

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 08:45:22 AM »
I contacted Sequential, they think it's one transistor or more on the output circuit which requires replacement. They send them transistors for me via mail, very quick and focused support. Well done Sequential/DSI.

I have the same problem. Sequential said they will send me new transistors. Are they easy to replace?

MPM

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 08:15:41 PM »

Has this solved your problem?
OB-6  Prophet-6  Prophet.Rev2/16  no kids