Need some advice about buying a Pro 2 or not

Need some advice about buying a Pro 2 or not
« on: March 16, 2020, 03:17:00 PM »
Hi, I'm interested in buying a Pro 2 but I'm wondering if it would be a good addition to my studio or that there is to much overlap with my other gear. At the moment I have a:

Sequential Prophet X
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2
Waldorf STVC
Roland System 8
Korg Wavestate
And I ordered an Ashun Sound Machines Hydrasynth.

What are your thoughts about it?

Re: Need some advice about buying a Pro 2 or not
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 08:08:14 AM »
What I like about the Pro 2 is its flexible sequencer and the paraphonic sound.   The Pro 2 will always have a place in my studio as it has a very unique sound compared to my other DSI and other manufacturer gear.    From what I know about the other instruments you listed, I would not think Pro 2 would be an overlap. I'm not familiar with the Waldorf though.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 09:54:23 AM »
What I like about the Pro 2 is its flexible sequencer and the paraphonic sound.   The Pro 2 will always have a place in my studio as it has a very unique sound compared to my other DSI and other manufacturer gear.    From what I know about the other instruments you listed, I would not think Pro 2 would be an overlap. I'm not familiar with the Waldorf though.

Thanks for the reply. The Waldof STVC is a string synthesizer with a vocoder.

I have bought a second hand Pro 2. It has some small wood damage and was under a lot of dust and stood in a studio where the seller smoked unfortunately. Also one other downside is that the seller put a powercord in the Pro 2 to extend the Original powercord but the extended doesn't come out of the Pro 2. I can power it up, so that's no problem but it's annoying it can't get the extended cord out.

The good news is that everything works and it sounds amazing. It's really a good synthesizer!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 10:17:48 AM by Tripomatic »

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 11:09:15 AM »
Congrats Tripomatic.  It's a real nice machine.  I can't think of a similarly versatile synth in the "mono" class.     Maybe Matrix synth, or the new Pro 3.

Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 01:10:16 PM »
Congrats Tripomatic.  It's a real nice machine.  I can't think of a similarly versatile synth in the "mono" class.     Maybe Matrix synth, or the new Pro 3.

I don't like the aestetic look of the knobs on the Pro 3. Classic Sequential knobs all the way!