Sequencer bugette

Sequencer bugette
« on: March 15, 2020, 02:18:22 PM »
OK, this is with Pro 3 v1 I think (just received it).

1. Load a patch wiith a sequence and make sure it is a 16 step single sequence.

2. Play the sequence.

3. Whilst the sequence is running, press the Arp button and then Seq Modes soft button. You should see "Single" and also "16 Steps" greyed out.

4. Use Soft Knob 2 to change the number of steps to any number below 16. Once done, use Soft Knob 1 to change Seq Mode to "Extended" so it should now run as a sequence of the number of steps you have just selected.

5. It doesn't and keeps playing 16 steps. This happens when play is stopped or running.

6. To get it to work, you have to change to Extended before adjusting the number of steps.

Currently, it's not possible to change the number of steps in any single sequence without changing it to extended first. Can't it just be made to use the number of steps as shown in the display right from the start?

Hope that helps.

LN

Re: Sequencer bugette
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 04:17:08 PM »
Seems more like a design decision than a bug but maybe the Sequential crew can comment.

Pym

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 07:08:53 PM »
Those variables are stored in different locations... the question would become, when you switch from single to extended mode, what if all 4 sequences have different lengths? Which one do you use? Makes no sense. So they're separate.
Sequential

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 12:15:37 PM »
Thanks for your replies here.

I'll be honest, my synth driving skills are not much above amoeba level 2 having only had the instrument a few days and its scope is huge and it's all very exciting stuff.

But it does seem a bit confusing to me when by 2 button presses and 2 knob turns, the synth is not doing what it says it should be doing on the display.

Load a patch with a sequence.

Press Arp button
Press Soft button 3
Turn Soft knob 2 left
Turn soft knob 1 right

Play sequence and it wont match what is on the display. That's really the point I am hoping to make here and wondering if this is correct?

LN