Sequencer slide/tie

Sequencer slide/tie
« on: March 13, 2020, 08:33:08 AM »
Is it possible to add slide to certain notes in the sequencer (303-style) ?

I would expect this to work by adding a tie between two notes, with different pitch,  and turning on glide(A) so that i only get the glide for notes that are tied together...

However - it does not seem possible to tie two notes with different pitch

Slew could also be a solution if it was possible to turn on for only some steps

If this does not work, i am seriously considering returning the synt.... :'(

jg666

Re: Sequencer slide/tie
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 09:38:04 AM »
On the Pro2 sequencer you can specify slew amount for each step so I'd be amazed if you can't do that on the Pro3.... or am I misunderstanding what you're wanting?
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 09:43:03 AM »
On the Pro2 sequencer you can specify slew amount for each step so I'd be amazed if you can't do that on the Pro3.... or am I misunderstanding what you're wanting?

That would work for me - i will investigate if this is possible on pro3

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 09:50:49 AM »
Hmmm - does not seem possible on pro 3...

jg666

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 11:43:55 AM »
I found this in the pdf manual but not sure if that gives you the same opportunity as on the Pro2 to alter the slew amount for each step?

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 02:51:05 PM »
Nope - dosn’t seem to help

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 03:14:57 PM »
Seems like a strange omission with all of the slew, glide, and glide per Osc features. I suppose you could do it by using track 5 and 6 for sequencing notes and using 5 for non glide steps and 6 for glide steps. But that’s a hassle. You should probably send Sequential a feature request.

jg666

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 03:55:48 AM »
It does seem like a very strange omission! It's difficult to tell just reading the manual though.

On the Pro2 when in sequencer mode and you press a step button, it brings up a grid with Notes, Slew and Velocity. You can then alter all of the values in there.