Moog One Samples and Presets

Re: Moog One Samples and Presets
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2020, 11:26:27 AM »
Hello Shaw
I'm really enjoying this expansion and the sound design is incredible.  However, I seem to be having an issue where (roughly) every other preset isn't producing any sound when I play the keys.  Just wondering if you have heard of an issue like this or perhaps it might be some kind of technical issue with my PX?! 

Shaw

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2020, 11:43:24 AM »
Hello Shaw
I'm really enjoying this expansion and the sound design is incredible.  However, I seem to be having an issue where (roughly) every other preset isn't producing any sound when I play the keys.  Just wondering if you have heard of an issue like this or perhaps it might be some kind of technical issue with my PX?!

I have not come across that issue... so a couple of trouble shooting ideas

One, make sure all of the samples are loaded... particularly on the presets that are making no sound.
Second, try reloading the presets.  I (and others) have noticed an issue where sometimes when you try transmitting presets over USB, not all presets get transferred.  The work around for this has been transferring presets by MIDI DIN rather than USB.

Let me know if one of these helps.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2020, 05:21:16 PM »
Is it possible to know what samples are used for the presets for both M1 and the replicants pack?
This seems to be the only way to free up some hard drive space :)

I have that information for the Moog One Samples and Presets -- you can download it here:  http://modulatable.com/moog-one.html

I haven't created that list for Replicants, but will see if I can find the time to get that done.

I sent Shaw a CSV file that should hopefully be accurate, unless the Replicants samples/presets have changed since 17 July 2019. Hopefully I didn't miss a detail. So, when Shaw has time, there'll be a PDF on his site similar to the Moog One Samples and Presets. In the meanwhile, this PDF should be close.

Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

Shaw

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2020, 05:58:34 PM »
Is it possible to know what samples are used for the presets for both M1 and the replicants pack?
This seems to be the only way to free up some hard drive space :)

I have that information for the Moog One Samples and Presets -- you can download it here:  http://modulatable.com/moog-one.html

I haven't created that list for Replicants, but will see if I can find the time to get that done.

I sent Shaw a CSV file that should hopefully be accurate, unless the Replicants samples/presets have changed since 17 July 2019. Hopefully I didn't miss a detail. So, when Shaw has time, there'll be a PDF on his site similar to the Moog One Samples and Presets. In the meanwhile, this PDF should be close.

The Replicants Preset List PDF is available to download:  http://modulatable.com/replicants.html

** it is the same as @composerjk's.  I just added some colors.

**** Many thanks to @composerjk for his command line wizardry and general generosity with his time.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2021, 10:23:51 AM »
I'm going to buy this today. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks again.

Shaw

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2021, 11:04:04 AM »
I'm going to buy this today. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks again.

Thank you.  If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.  There is an email link at the bottom of the page on modulatable.com

Enjoy and stay safe,

Shaw

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2021, 11:11:50 AM »
These are some big files so the process takes a while. I only have a 16 gig flash drive handy so I'm breaking this up into two sets of sample uploads. I believe I may have had to do this with the Replicants pack as well. So far so good...

Shaw

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2021, 11:20:56 AM »
These are some big files so the process takes a while. I only have a 16 gig flash drive handy so I'm breaking this up into two sets of sample uploads. I believe I may have had to do this with the Replicants pack as well. So far so good...
Breaking it up shouldn’t be an issue at all.  I did it that way when developing the set.

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2021, 03:28:10 PM »
Hey Shaw,

I didn't see the email at the bottom of the modulatable.com site, but also figured this info can help others in loading these.

One more questions, the presets are taking a very long time (2 hours so far) to load using the SysEx utility you recommended. It's slowling working through and is at 4299 of 16384, does that seem about right?

Thanks again and really appreciate all that you have created for Prophet X owners!

Shaw

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2021, 03:32:00 PM »
Hey Shaw,

I didn't see the email at the bottom of the modulatable.com site, but also figured this info can help others in loading these.

One more questions, the presets are taking a very long time (2 hours so far) to load using the SysEx utility you recommended. It's slowling working through and is at 4299 of 16384, does that seem about right?

Thanks again and really appreciate all that you have created for Prophet X owners!
You only load 1 of the preset bank files.  Each preset file is an entire bank of presets.  There are 128 files to cover every possible iteration of preset banks (4 possibilities) and Sample Banks (32 possibilities).   When you try to send all 128 files, you are essentially sending 128 presets 128 times (hence 16384 presets being loaded).

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2021, 03:32:44 PM »
LOL, ouch! Abort!

Thanks again.

Shaw

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2021, 03:36:10 PM »
LOL, ouch! Abort!

Thanks again.
The good news is this:  Loading the ONE preset bank file you want will be a lot faster than what you just experienced.

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2021, 04:09:10 PM »
It's all sorted out and working now. Thank you, these are beautiful.

Shaw

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2021, 04:11:02 PM »
Great!  Enjoy!

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2021, 07:25:41 PM »
Great!  Enjoy!

Hi your domain has expired! I was attempting to buy the moon one pack now that I have figured out a bit better how to load things onto the PX. I hope your site comes back online soon, you seem to have created a great resource with the M1 pack.

Shaw

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2021, 07:55:39 PM »
Great!  Enjoy!

Hi your domain has expired! I was attempting to buy the moon one pack now that I have figured out a bit better how to load things onto the PX. I hope your site comes back online soon, you seem to have created a great resource with the M1 pack.

It is a project that I’ve decided to no longer pursue due to time constraints… but email me, and I will make sure that you get them.

modulatable.synthesis@gmail.com

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2021, 04:10:07 PM »
Hi Shaw,

Is it possible to still get your M1 pack ?

Shaw

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2021, 04:32:50 PM »
Hi Shaw,

You should have them in your email.

Cheers!

J_P_P

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2021, 02:33:05 PM »
Hi Shaw,

You should have them in your email.

Cheers!

Is this Pack, still available ?

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2022, 04:06:49 AM »
I recently bought a used PX, and I found various add-on packs and M1 sample and preset alredy installed!!
I would like to thank you for the inspiring M1 preset, the are way better than add-on preset!