Moog One Samples and Presets

Shaw

Moog One Samples and Presets
« on: March 13, 2020, 05:59:39 AM »
Hey all...

I finally got around to finishing up the Moog One Samples and Presets I’ve been working on.
Full disclosure: this is a commercial release.

Nearly all of the sampled instruments we created with the Moog One for the Prophet X are stereo instruments — slightly different versions of the same synth sound hard panned left and right. This gives the samples a unique stereo flavor that is perfect for the Prophet X's stereo filters.

Some details...
  • Over 18 GB of Samples
  • 188 Sample Instruments
  • 200 Presets (Both A and B layers of preset numbers 1 through 100)
  • 28 Stacks and Splits (Presets 101 though 128)
  • Preset files for all iterations of User Preset Bank + User Sample Bank Combinations. Want to move your samples to User Sample Bank 2 and have the Presets in User Preset Bank 3? Not a problem. That preset bank file is already prepared and ready for you to load. There are 128 Preset Banks in total.

The stereo nature of these samples set this apart from the Replicants sample pack — who was also comprised of stereo samples, but in the case of Replicants, the stereo aspect was the result of a mono source going through an analog stereo effects box.

With the Moog One, the samples are truly stereo without using effects. Left and right sides will have slightly varied filter / filter envelopes, LFO rates and modulation amounts, tuning, pulse width / osc shape, etc.  I think this creates a great source for the Prophet X’s stereo filters.

Available here: http://modulatable.com/M1/

https://youtu.be/RDbKiZndnO0

"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Re: Moog One Samples and Presets
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 02:06:07 AM »
Sounds pretty good. When I have some spare cash, I might invest in this.

PS: You don't appear to have any demo on your website itself, unless I am missing it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 02:09:25 AM by Derek Cook »
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

Shaw

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 06:59:25 AM »
Sounds pretty good. When I have some spare cash, I might invest in this.

PS: You don't appear to have any demo on your website itself, unless I am missing it.
Yeah,  I just need to find the time to record some more and add them.  It’s on my list for sure.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Shaw

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 03:15:28 PM »

I added a free preview of the Moog One Sample Pack.

Preview includes:
-- 10 sample instruments (loading into User Sample Bank 11)
-- 6 presets (A&B Layers of presets 1, 2, and in User Preset Bank 2)

You can get the free preview here:

http://modulatable.com/M1/

Cheers!

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 07:09:02 AM »
Fantastic work! When I get my PX back from Sequential I'll be nabbing these for sure!

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 07:11:30 AM »
Great job! Got it  ;)

Shaw

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 08:11:17 AM »
Great job! Got it  ;)
Thank you, Hope you enjoy these!

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »
Hi Shaw! I'm interested in this sample pack, but like many others, I'm running out of SSD space. I have two questions. How can I check if this sample pack would (just) fit or not? And: is it possible to somehow have a reduced subset installed without messing up the carefully arranged presets?

Cheers!

Shaw

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 02:19:20 PM »
The size inside your PX would be 20,377 MB (see attached image)

I'm working on a list of which presets address which samples so it would be easier to load samples in a staggered fashioned for thise who want to do that.

Thanks,

Shaw

Shaw

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 12:42:25 PM »
For the Moog One Sample Pack, I've created a List of Presets (which also indicates which sample instruments are being used by each preset).  This is useful for those who may want to install a subset of samples onto their Prophet Xs.

You can download the List of Presets from the website:  http://modulatable.com/M1/

*** Special thanks to @ComposerJK whose command line ninja-wizardry extracted that information from SysEx files and prevented me from having to type all of that out by hand!

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 04:06:32 PM »
...aaaand downloaded it. Thanks for your fast response Shaw!

pebre

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2020, 03:08:25 AM »
@shaw the site is down i believe. Any other way to get the moog one pack and other stuff?

Shaw

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2020, 06:41:30 AM »
@shaw the site is down i believe. Any other way to get the moog one pack and other stuff?

The site still lives yet...

I'm working on the payment processing for the Moog One samples... will PM you.

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 09:18:39 PM »
Shaw - another satisfied customer! I purchased and downloaded your Moog One package of samples and programs today, and it's already loaded in, up and running. Great sounds. Smooth, evolving, rich. And considering what a Moog One goes for, these samples and programs in a freaking Prophet has got to be the best synth deal on the planet. Thank you so much.
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2020, 04:08:00 AM »
Shaw, did you want to repost the link to your site, since modulatable.com/M1 is not resolving.
Thanks.
Prophet X, Korg Modwave, Wavestate, Novation Summit, Microfreak, B2600, Akai Force, Skulpt, Uno Pro, Ableton Live and some modular

Shaw

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2020, 05:45:28 AM »
Shaw, did you want to repost the link to your site, since modulatable.com/M1 is not resolving.
Thanks.

Yes, I should do that since the URL changed:  the direct link is http://modulatable.com/moog-one.html, and of course you can get to it from http://modulatable.com.

Since I can’t edit my original post, I will likely duplicate the page later today so that the http://modulatable.com/M1 link works again (which it doesn’t right now).

Thanks.

Nokki

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2020, 02:50:04 AM »
Dear Shaw,

Is it possible to know what samples are used for the presets for both M1 and the replicants pack?
This seems to be the only way to free up some hard drive space :)

Shaw

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2020, 06:29:47 AM »
Dear Shaw,

Is it possible to know what samples are used for the presets for both M1 and the replicants pack?

I have that information for the Moog One Samples and Presets -- you can download it here:  http://modulatable.com/moog-one.html

I haven't created that list for Replicants, but will see if I can find the time to get that done.

Nokki

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2020, 07:15:00 AM »
Dear Shaw,

I have that information for the Moog One Samples and Presets -- you can download it here:  http://modulatable.com/moog-one.html

I haven't created that list for Replicants, but will see if I can find the time to get that done.

Any change of an alternative download link for those who have already bought the M1 pack with only the samples used in the presets? :)

Shaw

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2020, 07:17:32 AM »
Dear Shaw,

Any change of an alternative download link for those who have already bought the M1 pack with only the samples used in the presets? :)

I’m not sure what you mean.

There is no duplicate samples or presets between the Moog One pack set and the Replicants pack... they have completely different content (samples and presets).

**** edit:  sorry, I think I finally understand your question.  I think you want to delete the samples that are not used by presets.  If that is correct, the answer is that every one of the samples is used in at least one preset.  That is true for both the Moog and Replicants Sample Packs.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 08:20:39 AM by Shaw »