how to use cutoff filter on 1 pad (like bass) in 16 mutes mode ?

DigitalGeek

• Poum Tchak A boum
Hello the community ,
i bought a second hand tempest and i start to like it
BUT there is a big problem here
when i use a bassline on PAD 1 and decide to go in 16 mutes mode for launch what i need (kick or hi hat per exemple ), the cutoff is modify the cutoff on the 16 pad.... ,
i would like for make some breaks to only modulate the pad 1 without change the others sound
im very worried that function is missing
do you have any solution for this ?
thanks you very much

Re: how to use cutoff filter on 1 pad (like bass) in 16 mutes mode ?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 01:38:22 AM »
I’m afraid you have to switch to 16 sounds mode in order to affect only one sound.It would be great if there was a combo like Shift+pad to affect a single pad in beats/mute mode.
Hello the community ,
i bought a second hand tempest and i start to like it
BUT there is a big problem here
when i use a bassline on PAD 1 and decide to go in 16 mutes mode for launch what i need (kick or hi hat per exemple ), the cutoff is modify the cutoff on the 16 pad.... ,
i would like for make some breaks to only modulate the pad 1 without change the others sound
im very worried that function is missing
do you have any solution for this ?
thanks you very much

DigitalGeek

• Poum Tchak A boum
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 05:13:31 AM »
i did not bought a midi controller yet, but do you think we can use the midi controller to load the MUTE from it and so on tempest i can continue to modulate the cut off in pad mode ?
i need to know how we can make a simple "break"
thanks you very much

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 10:19:39 AM »
Please read the tips & tricks tread everything's inside there...

•   Tempest can only accept Midi CC messages on main MIDI channel as follows:
CC# 12 - Distortion
CC# 13 - Compression
CC# 19 - a value other than 0 reverts Beat FX params to defaults
CC# 20 - Beat FX All Osc Frequency
CC# 21 - Beat FX Feedback
CC# 22 - Beat FX Lowpass Filter Cutoff
CC# 23 - Beat FX Lowpass Filter Resonance
CC# 24 - Beat FX Lowpass Filter Audio Mod
CC# 25 - Beat FX Highpass Filter Cutoff
CC# 26 - Beat FX All Env Attack
CC# 27 - Beat FX All Env Decay

i did not bought a midi controller yet, but do you think we can use the midi controller to load the MUTE from it and so on tempest i can continue to modulate the cut off in pad mode ?
thanks you very much

Stoss

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 02:23:31 PM »
thanks you very much

You should be able to assign an external controller to work only the mute mode of the pads. This should allow you to change the mode of the Tempest so that you can control the sound parameters of one sound/pad while effecting its mute state.

Also, you can assign MIDI modulation, expression and breath within the mod matrix of each sound, so you could control an individual sound’s almost anything with that, though you should be warned that there is a weird bug you will run into when doing that.

Also, you should explore using the two expression pedal inputs. It may be possible to assign those in the mod matrix of an individual sound, though I admit I’m not quite sure and don’t have the Tempest currently in front of me.

Beyond that, I think you should read that manual and spend time exploring the machine. It seems to me that you still have much to discover.  :)