midi issue Mono Evolver Keyboard

midi issue Mono Evolver Keyboard
« on: March 06, 2020, 12:56:58 AM »
Hi all,

I am a lucky owner of a Mono Evolver Keyboard , but I have a midi problem. I have selected one midi-IN channel ( channel  4 ) to receive notes and midi cc's , BUT the Evolver is receiving and reacting on midi information from all channels. So if I send pitch bend or modulation wheel on channel 1 for example, despite having selected channel 4, the Evolver reacts on it.

I have checked the midi settings. the midi channel is not on "All" but on channel 4 ( also with other channels I have the same issue )

Do I miss a setting ?  or is this a known issue ? thanks

Re: midi issue Mono Evolver Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 01:01:43 AM »
Hi !
I have exactly the same problem. As soon as I send CCs on a midi channel (2-16) the Evolver (channel 1) plays them. Were you able to find a solution?

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 11:36:06 AM »
Hi,
I also have the same issue: notes are played only on the Evolver's midi channel, but CC on other channels are received on the Evolver. The only solution is to filter events with a midi filter box

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 02:34:05 AM »
What does Sequential say about this? Is this a bug on some models? It is really very embarrassing. I sent an email directly to Sequential but I have not yet received a response from them.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 12:51:29 PM »
Hi,

unfortunately I do not have an update on this situation.  :-\ Indeed I think the only solution is to filter out other messages on other channels, that makes the midi setup more complicated if you want to use the Evolver in combination with other gear.