individual outs connectivity equipment and procedures

individual outs connectivity equipment and procedures
« on: February 28, 2020, 12:18:45 PM »
Hi Yorgos,

I'm a bit confused with cabling of the 6 individual outs. First, how many TRS to TS cables do I need ( I'm referring to the type of cables as shown on the forum the x1 1/4 Inch TRS Male to x2 TS Male ?
How do I go on plugging the cables? Is it right plugging the TRS jack(s) into the individual out(s) from the Tempest and then TS jack(s) into my mixing desk? Am I right there? If so I suppose I need 6 of these cables (and use 12 ins from my mixer) ? What about hybrid solutions, let's say 4 voices onto 8 ins (using TRS-TS Y cables) and 4 voices using say mono to
mono jacks??
I' d be grateful you help me on that one as it seems there is no documentation on this on the manual or elsewhere on the forum.
Cheers,

Frank Rouge
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:47:59 PM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

Re: individual outs connectivity equipment and procedures
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 03:53:36 PM »
Yes as you said you need 6 of those if you need 12 individual outputs from your T.
Correct on plugging TRS to Tempest and TS to your mixer..Just make sure you hard pan TS channels on your mixer left/right for your sounds to be stereo.
Also yes to the hybrid setup..Just make sure you pan your mono sounds hard left and plug the appropriate grey colored cable (according to forum’s picture, red is always the right channel) to your mixer..Panning hard left because this let’s you use T’s feedback option ;-)
No need for mono to mono cables but if you want you can use them no probs.Panning is where you need to pay attention..You need to understand T’s voice principles..For example by inserting TRS into voice 1 it splits it to voice 1 Left and voice 1 Right and in one situation voice 1 Left could be one sound and voice 1 Right could be another sound by hard panning them.And in another situation it could be a single stereo sound like in the example i gave you above ^
Are you following me?
Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 12:36:32 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 01:10:02 AM »
Hi,

I think I've got a grasp about what you've said.
I' ve ordered a bunch of Y cables knowing this.
I will let you know once I get to put my hands on it.
Many thanks for your sound advice and quick reply,
that's great.
Cheers!

LoboLives

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 05:21:25 AM »
Yes as you said you need 6 of those if you need 12 individual outputs from your T.
Correct on plugging TRS to Tempest and TS to your mixer..Just make sure you hard pan TS channels on your mixer left/right for your sounds to be stereo.
Also yes to the hybrid setup..Just make sure you pan your mono sounds hard left and plug the appropriate grey colored cable (according to forum’s picture, red is always the right channel) to your mixer..Panning hard left because this let’s you use T’s feedback option ;-)
No need for mono to mono cables but if you want you can use them no probs.Panning is where you need to pay attention..You need to understand T’s voice principles..For example by inserting TRS into voice 1 it splits it to voice 1 Left and voice 1 Right and in one situation voice 1 Left could be one sound and voice 1 Right could be another sound by hard panning them.And in another situation it could be a single stereo sound like in the example i gave you above ^
Are you following me?
Cheers!

I usually pan after I put the signal into my DAW instead of using the channels in the mixer. How would I work this situation? If I pan a voice/pad inside the Tempest itself would that work?

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 01:23:19 PM »
@LoboLives
Can you be more specific about your setup and what you want to accomplish?

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 01:12:31 PM »
@LoboLives
Can you be more specific about your setup and what you want to accomplish?

Right now, I'm using the Tempest as a standalone unit. The mains outs straight to the mixer, a Dynacord Powermate 600. The mixer has 6 mono inputs and two stereo inputs. What I wanna achieve is more control of the sounds by assigning voices to the individual outs. On top of that, I suppose that if I assign some pads to voices instead of the main outs, I'd get some more control over the "voice stealing" thing, to a certain extent...