MIDI Softthrough Feature request

iDemo

• Have a happy VCO a day to keep the trouble away
MIDI Softthrough Feature request
« on: February 24, 2020, 04:41:04 AM »
Dear DSI Developer Team

For several reasons it would be very good to have a MIDI soft through function, allowing to output all outbound MIDI traffic to exit via MIDI out!

Best

Armin
Keep up filtering

Re: MIDI Softthrough Feature request
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 04:56:09 PM »
I don’t exactly understand the question but will point out that there’s too many parameters on the prophet for MIDI, it requires NRPN’s. Seems like a relevant issue to your request.

iDemo

• Have a happy VCO a day to keep the trouble away
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 04:11:06 PM »
I don’t exactly understand the question but will point out that there’s too many parameters on the prophet for MIDI, it requires NRPN’s. Seems like a relevant issue to your request.

Hi Troy

What I need to achieve is:
1) Passing through the setlistmaker PrgChange on Ch 16 for the Nord, plus
2) Playing the "B" level sounds on my Nord via rev2

That would only be possible by joining the rev out with the rev2 through data, as there is (obviously) only one "in" on the Nord. So for live performance MIDI commands, a soft through on the rev2 would quite desirable! Otherwise you need a "ton“ more MIDI cabling and routing. But I‘ve solved it for now by using a MIDI solutions merger, joining the rev2 out and through to one out for the Nord
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 04:20:26 PM by iDemo »
Keep up filtering

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 10:28:53 AM »
Since there is already a hardware MIDI thru DIN jack on the back of the REV2, I'm assuming that you're perhaps talking about a MIDI software merge function?
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340