rev2 MIDI soft through

iDemo

• Have a happy VCO a day to keep the trouble away
rev2 MIDI soft through
« on: February 22, 2020, 10:45:34 AM »
Hi Guys 👋

Got a bit of a tricky MIDI issue today: My setup is a Nord Stage 3, with the rev2 on top, and for stage purposes I intend to control both regarding patch per song via setlistmaker connected vis bluetooth m.1 MIDI I/O.

The Nord receives PgCh on Channel 16, the rev2 on Ch1. So far so good!

Now depending on the song sound requirements I need a MIDI loop configuration, allowing the rev2 in some cases to play the Nord B panel with the rev2 used only as a keyboard.

And that‘s where the trouble begins. In order to do so I need a MIDI soft through config on the rev2 to 1) play the Nord panel B, and 2) to still allow setlistmaker to bypass the rev2 via soft through for the PgCh commands on CH 16, aimed for the Nord.

Unfortunately if I use the rev2 through, the Nord will receive its PgCh info, but the rev2 will not play the Nord panel B (which is logic, as there is no more Ch1 data in the through rev2 signal). But if I use the rev2 MIDI out, I can play the Nord B panel, but then the PgCh data on Ch 16 (for the Nord is filtered out). Unless someone in the community knows a tweak in the rev2 MIDI out settings to config it as a soft through, I guess the only solution for me will be to buy a little MIDI merger.

What do you think?

Best greetings

Armin
Keep up filtering