Is my Rev2-16 broken?

Re: Is my Rev2-16 broken?
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2020, 11:37:20 PM »
Calibration IS needed, How could it not be needed? Its recommended to calibrate After each Os update and in my case its definately something strang with the filter, and others.

I left the calibration for the night, when I came back the calibration is Done. And the synth Sounds much much better!

Anyway, This is anoying,, it should take some minutes, but took several hours!

I tried to find the problem, sort things Out so to say.

Playing the same note i found thet the MOST problematic one was #14, not the Only one but most irratic.

I Will test calibration Again and see If it is faster now, or If its stuck in the same sequence.

The issue Did appear on several voices, in different variation regarding volume, filter, cutoff (and it sounded like the adsr were different as well, on some voices. Heard when using the arp playin one note)

But, a New calibration will be Done soon

OP, the OS update fixed the original problem.
Calibration failing is something else, question is : do you need it?
When you play repeatedly the same note with a simple 2 vco and resonant filter, does it jump every 16 notes or is the sound ok?
Many are seeking the true analog imperfection and regretting dcos. Sounds like you have it  ;D

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2020, 11:53:06 PM »
Lol!

But for true, when I play around this irratic behaviour really gives inspiration! If it had been a more controllable way thou....

Its not allways good to have a bad osc,, but sometimes it adds a New flawour

Calibration IS needed, How could it not be needed? Its recommended to calibrate After each Os update and in my case its definately something strang with the filter, and others.

I left the calibration for the night, when I came back the calibration is Done. And the synth Sounds much much better!

Anyway, This is anoying,, it should take some minutes, but took several hours!

I tried to find the problem, sort things Out so to say.

Playing the same note i found thet the MOST problematic one was #14, not the Only one but most irratic.

I Will test calibration Again and see If it is faster now, or If its stuck in the same sequence.

The issue Did appear on several voices, in different variation regarding volume, filter, cutoff (and it sounded like the adsr were different as well, on some voices. Heard when using the arp playin one note)

But, a New calibration will be Done soon

OP, the OS update fixed the original problem.
Calibration failing is something else, question is : do you need it?
When you play repeatedly the same note with a simple 2 vco and resonant filter, does it jump every 16 notes or is the sound ok?
Many are seeking the true analog imperfection and regretting dcos. Sounds like you have it  ;D

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2020, 12:11:42 AM »
Calibrated several times, it is much faster now! 5min...

The synth is very much more stable and no supprices when playing.

Lets see What happen in close future

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2020, 02:08:19 AM »
Calibrated several times, it is much faster now! 5min...

The synth is very much more stable and no supprices when playing.

Lets see What happen in close future

I had a period too, where a few calibrations was needed until it finally was rock solid, so I do not think you have to worry anymore.

You can also enter diagnosticks mode (I cannot remember the button combination to enter though) and perform a "clear calibration data" function prior to calibrating, if it starts to act up again.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

shiihs

• phasing in and out of reality
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2020, 04:02:13 AM »
FWIW the secret key combination for debug menu is: while pressing both the up + down buttons simultaneously, press global parameters button

--
gear: prophet rev2 16 voice, kawai NV10, casio wk-7600, Roland Integra-7, supercollider, ardour

links:

https://www.youtube.com/stefaanhimpe
https://soundcloud.com/stefaanhimpe
https://technogems.blogspot.com
https://a-touch-of-music.blogspot.com/

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2020, 01:32:55 PM »
FWIW the secret key combination for debug menu is: while pressing both the up + down buttons simultaneously, press global parameters button
Thanks! Had never heard about this menu. Too bad we can’t import calibration...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2020, 12:32:50 AM »
Thanks! Had never heard about this menu. Too bad we can’t import calibration...

Why would you want that? ... every chip has differences in calibration, so it would not fit anything else but the chips it was made on... do you mean, to save your own calibration data?
If you need me, follow the shadows...