Simple mono patch not behaving. Beginner question.

Aleos

Simple mono patch not behaving. Beginner question.
« on: February 19, 2020, 01:13:45 PM »
Hey folks, I know you’re a bunch of pros out there. I’m a composer/guitarist trying to dive into synthesis. Much gratitude to you for enduring my elementary questions.

So, I’m trying to make a nice monosynth-like bass patch from scratch. I’ve got the sound i want, but the behaviour of the keyboard is strange.
I want the classic monosynth performance of; playing a note, then when you play another note, it overrides the previous note. Like monosynth 101.
Well, it seems I can only get this behaviour descending on the keyboard. Ascending, it holds the original note, and doesn’t trigger the higher note until I let go of the lower.
What easy step on the rev2 am i missing? 
Thanks.

jg666

Re: Simple mono patch not behaving. Beginner question.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 01:23:22 PM »
I’m not in front of my Rev2 at the moment so going from memory.

Whilst in the patch go into Misc Parameters and find the Key Mode parameter. I suspect this will be set to Low or LowR and you want to set it to last or LastR.

Low/LowR means it’s playing in Low note priority (the R means re trigger the envelope) If you set it to Last/LastR it will play all notes high or low  - it plays the note that you’re pressing without having to release the previous note.

Hope this makes sense?
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 11:40:54 PM »

Low/LowR means it’s playing in Low note priority (the R means re trigger the envelope) If you set it to Last/LastR it will play all notes high or low  - it plays the note that you’re pressing without having to release the previous note.

FWIW this is actually monosynth 101 because it's how the Minimoog worked!

Aleos

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 03:25:13 PM »
Sweet! Done.
Thanks a lot guys.

A

jg666

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 03:31:47 PM »
You’re welcome. Enjoy your Rev2 :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

Aleos

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 05:20:16 PM »
You’re welcome. Enjoy your Rev2 :)

I am. So so so much. What a wonderful instrument it is.
I have quite a lovely selection of guitar amps and pedals that the rev2 is going through, and it sounds exquisite. Just got to get my patch-building chops up to speed.