Shared Samples

Shaw

Shared Samples
« on: February 15, 2020, 08:29:19 AM »
As the Prophet X community continues to grow, and tools like SampleRobot and LadyGaia's PXToolkit make it easier for people to create their own sample sets, I am hopeful that more people are wanting to share their creations. 

For anyone looking to share samples (and/or presets) for this wonderful machine, I am still willing to host those files on my website.  Go here for info  http://modulatable.com/submit_samples/
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Shared Samples
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 12:58:42 PM »
I have a huge sampling project coming up as soon as I am able to (you know why), and I could easilly share my samples if anyone is interrested.

They will be made specifically for Waldorf Quantum, but this synth has many of the same sample layout features, so stuff like multisamples and repeated hits for roundrobin will also be what I will be going for.

The samples will be 44.1khz and any bit depth, and be a mixture of stuff recorded via microphone, but also synthetically made, and sampled from PRO3.

I will make them public bit by bit, as I create presets for Quantum, so it will not be one huge release... Rather a continuous stream of small packages.

If that seems interresting, just tell me... I will also be creating wavetable waveFORMS... Do not know if they are worth anything to the PX.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Shaw

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 01:32:41 PM »
I have a huge sampling project coming up as soon as I am able to (you know why), and I could easilly share my samples if anyone is interrested.

They will be made specifically for Waldorf Quantum, but this synth has many of the same sample layout features, so stuff like multisamples and repeated hits for roundrobin will also be what I will be going for.

The samples will be 44.1khz and any bit depth, and be a mixture of stuff recorded via microphone, but also synthetically made, and sampled from PRO3.

I will make them public bit by bit, as I create presets for Quantum, so it will not be one huge release... Rather a continuous stream of small packages.

If that seems interresting, just tell me... I will also be creating wavetable waveFORMS... Do not know if they are worth anything to the PX.

That certainly seems like it would interesting... The Pro 3 would certainly be a great source for interesting sample content.

just curious, what do you have in mind for the microphone recordings?
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 01:48:43 PM »

That certainly seems like it would interesting... The Pro 3 would certainly be a great source for interesting sample content.

just curious, what do you have in mind for the microphone recordings?

Anything for Ambient music... Recordings of nature and ambiences recorded in stereo, and also all kinds of weird recordings of bells, stringed things, percussion and all odds and ends... No limit... The point is that the waveforms are seen as material samples to be mangled into anything thinkable.

I have been collecting and buying all sorts of sound devices for some years now, especially at flea markets etc... Harp, zither, drums, gongs, bells, chimes, music boxes, kalimbas... Anything that make sounds... Also buy exiters like mallets made of filt, rubber, hair, metal... Recently bought small glass and metal balls to excite things too when dropped or rolled.

Hope that clarifies...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 03:15:01 AM »
As the Prophet X community continues to grow, and tools like SampleRobot and LadyGaia's PXToolkit make it easier for people to create their own sample sets, I am hopeful that more people are wanting to share their creations. 

For anyone looking to share samples (and/or presets) for this wonderful machine, I am still willing to host those files on my website.  Go here for info  http://modulatable.com/submit_samples/

Hello. I have sampled the Modal 002 waves and placed them into PX zip format ready to go.

I have never sampled synth waves before. They were done in Mainstage Autosampler.

Each wave has been sampled. A few seconds long on every third key with auto loop on.

Would this be of interest?

Thanks

J
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 04:31:12 PM »
Hi, I’m a recent owner of a PX. I downloaded and installed all the samples that have been shared here and I’m blown away at how great these are. It didn’t feel right just grabbing these and not acknowledging...So I’d just like to say a sincere THANK YOU to everyone who has been kind enough to share these with the rest of us.
I hope to have some to post and share with the rest of you at some point in the future, as well.
Cheers!