I found a reproducable bug, best way to report it?

I found a reproducable bug, best way to report it?
« on: February 15, 2020, 07:38:02 AM »
Noticed a weird behavior with my PX but I'm not sure the best way to let the Sequential team know about it (via support ticket or something else). This is on the latest 2.2 firmware. Perhaps someone else would be interested to try it out?

If you want to try it, make sure your monitors are turned down: Just hit 'Revert All' while touching one of the sliders, and you'll get a loud, glitched out note repeat that only stops when powering down.

EDIT: Do NOT try this with headphones, somehow completely bypasses the volume control and it can be very loud.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 07:59:01 AM by manateemilitia »

blewis

Re: I found a reproducable bug, best way to report it?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 08:35:39 AM »
In general I have found them to be very responsive and interested in hearing about your issues. Best way is to send a description of the problem (like you've done below) to support@sequential.com

Noticed a weird behavior with my PX but I'm not sure the best way to let the Sequential team know about it (via support ticket or something else). This is on the latest 2.2 firmware. Perhaps someone else would be interested to try it out?

If you want to try it, make sure your monitors are turned down: Just hit 'Revert All' while touching one of the sliders, and you'll get a loud, glitched out note repeat that only stops when powering down.

EDIT: Do NOT try this with headphones, somehow completely bypasses the volume control and it can be very loud.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 09:16:18 AM »
Thanks, I emailed... and it's a little worse than I thought. Looks like (for me) every time I hit 'Revert All' even if there are no changes to revert, I get this horrible max volume note repeat. I'd really appreciate if someone else could do a sanity check for me on this one...

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 10:47:12 AM »
Or you can raise problem tickets via

https://support.sequential.com/hc/en-us/signin

Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

J_P_P

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 05:48:33 PM »

I have also tried to Revert ALL in 2 different Patches after some modifications..

No Problems.

Are you sure this isn't specific to some Patch or Patches ?

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 09:20:03 PM »

I have also tried to Revert ALL in 2 different Patches after some modifications..

No Problems.

Are you sure this isn't specific to some Patch or Patches ?

Thanks for checking for me! Yeah, it's every single patch that I've tried, probably several dozen. The note repeat noise is pretty loud and horrible so my partner asked me to stop but before she did I tried many, many random patches/banks.