Sounds only demo

LoboLives

Re: Sounds only demo
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 10:00:43 AM »
They could always simply have Fixed FM wavetables with the ability to alter them via the shape parameter...much like the Roland System 8.

Sure, but real FM would give more realtime control since more than a simple shape parameter can be controlled... Unless 2op FM of course...then it would not make that big a difference... And wavetable synthesis is easier to understand and program than FM synthesis.

Anyway... Personally I can live without the linear FM... The Quantum will soon sport 6op FM synthesis so I am covered... Still... Would be nice if PRO3 had the abillity to fire off a little bit of linear FM tones... Cool for bell sounds.and metallic timbres. Cool for creating metallic and clangorous transients to layer with the analog oscillators  :)

For sure although I'm certain the Wavetables have some bells/gongs/metallic type sounds as well that could work.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 10:37:42 AM »
They could always simply have Fixed FM wavetables with the ability to alter them via the shape parameter...much like the Roland System 8.

Sure, but real FM would give more realtime control since more than a simple shape parameter can be controlled... Unless 2op FM of course...then it would not make that big a difference... And wavetable synthesis is easier to understand and program than FM synthesis.

Anyway... Personally I can live without the linear FM... The Quantum will soon sport 6op FM synthesis so I am covered... Still... Would be nice if PRO3 had the abillity to fire off a little bit of linear FM tones... Cool for bell sounds.and metallic timbres. Cool for creating metallic and clangorous transients to layer with the analog oscillators  :)

For sure although I'm certain the Wavetables have some bells/gongs/metallic type sounds as well that could work.

Absolutely... All in all, PRO3 is more than cabable as it is now, especially if they expand on the wavetables with user waveTABLES and waveFORMS. Wavetables are probbably the most userfriendly way to add more oscillator flexibility compared to other more complex synthesis methods, and you can simulate a lot with them, especially if you have both user waveTABLES and user waveFORMS.

I am exited to see what Sequential choose when they will look at user waveTABLES and/or waveFORMS  :)
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2023, 11:13:50 AM »
Wasn't sure what thread to post this on. 

Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2023, 12:18:50 PM »
Wasn't sure what thread to post this on. 

So happy you got one. I’m thrilled to see what you will do with it.

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2023, 07:35:48 PM »
Yea, this thing is fun. Probably my favorite synth ever.
I wish I was setup for video to do a demo / tips piece. But I don't need to get stuck in editing.
 I've got some fun patches and sequences.

Here's an old video that sold me on the Pro 3. He just keeps starting with an init patch and then tweaks for a while.

:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2023, 11:06:29 AM »
This is mostly Pro 3 , with a tad of Pro 2, and some OB pads.

https://soundcloud.com/wavescape-1/quantum-chase
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1