What Eurorack Modules do you plan for your PRO3?

Bad Brian

• Baller
    • NuBeat Productions
Re: What Eurorack Modules do you plan for your PRO3?
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 07:35:46 AM »
This would be absolutely nuts with the Pro 3's sequencing triggering it.

http://www.rossum-electro.com/products/assimil8or/

Man that thing looks like it can do a lot!
Sequential Pro 3 SE, Roland Juno-106, Behringer Model D, Moog Apps, Roland Space Echo RE-20, Alesis HR:16B, Roland SPD-SX

But I'm a drummer

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 10:06:01 AM »
Its made by Dave Rossum... The king of Samplers (E-mu systems) so it is only logical... Also being the father of the SSM chips does not make it any better.

The Ultra samplers are still to this day the best sounding 100% digital samplers, period! All of the custom chips that went into them, and patented interpolation algorithm is part of the mojo.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2020, 06:30:48 PM »
I don't won a Pro3 yet- I'll be purchasing one in April. I have a substantial modular system and will be possibly replacing my Waldorf KB37 with the Pro3. That being said, I have no idea what I am going to do in terms of using the CV outs until I get my hands on the Pro3 and figure out how I can configure the CV outs into my modular. Certainly having an extra sequencer and/or arp would be great but using the Pro3 as a CV modulation source is potentially limitless. It's quite exciting!

chysn

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2020, 05:45:22 AM »
Not technically a Eurorack module, but I think maybe the kick-assest thing to pair with a Pro3 might be an Olegtron 4060 Mk 2.

https://www.olegtron.com/olegtron-4060
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Bad Brian

• Baller
    • NuBeat Productions
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 08:14:56 AM »
Not technically a Eurorack module, but I think maybe the kick-assest thing to pair with a Pro3 might be an Olegtron 4060 Mk 2.

Cool ... I agree that looks kick-ass!
Sequential Pro 3 SE, Roland Juno-106, Behringer Model D, Moog Apps, Roland Space Echo RE-20, Alesis HR:16B, Roland SPD-SX

But I'm a drummer

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2020, 06:57:49 PM »
Just got my T Rex Replicator from Thomann (overnight to NYC!). This has to be my favorite Pro 3/Euro combination. Sending the slider and/or feedback allows for all sorts of expressive stuff. Play a note, let the filter decay stage finish, then apply pressure to increase the echo feedback...Heavenly! And by adding a module or two you can get repeats per step in the sequencer like you can with the onboard digital delay. Lovely stuff!

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2020, 09:23:37 PM »
Interesting to see some of you here downsizing or exiting Eurorack since that is partially my thinking when in getting a Pro-3 SE. I will definitely keep a case of modules for the foreseeable future, but won't be expanding since I have not created any real music since entering Eurorack - almost five years ago. I just tweak knobs and make noises.

I am thinking of arranging a drum box with Noise Engineering voices triggered by logic, Euclidean circles, Marbles and other utility modules like sequential switches. So early on I am mainly looking to keep the Pro-3 and a drum box in time with each other but can't figure out how yet from the manual. Will see when I get the Pro-3.

Other ideas for CV control are random modules (Sloth from NLC, Marbles y output, DIY Turing machine with pulses).

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2020, 10:24:11 AM »
I’ve had my eye on this one ever since it came out. Been a fan of Logic’s Delay Designer and I think this gets pretty close.

https://intellijel.com/shop/eurorack/cylonix-rainmaker/

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2020, 01:51:54 PM »
I'm also thinking of downsizing my eurorack inventory. At this point there is over 21U and that size needs to shrink by about 30-40% to allow for the newly utilized interconnections. Pamela's New Workout has clocked my PRO 3 and my MOOG gear and the eurorack case so Pams is definitely a keeper. Also, some of the oscillators and sound sources that are rather unique like the E352 Cloud Terrarium and Mutable Instruments Clouds, Plaits & Rings will certainly stay. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.   8)
Exploring sound via
Eurorack
Moog
Sequential Pro3 SE

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2020, 07:22:43 AM »

I'd never heard of the Olegtron 4060 until I read this post, but it sounded so intriguing that I ordered one a couple of weeks ago.  I've hooked it up to my Pro 3 and have been having a lot of fun with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXlf8EBR8fE

I don't have any modular gear, but now that I've got a fistful of patch cables I can't help thinking that an 0-Coast would play very nicely with the Pro 3.  Is this how it begins?

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2020, 10:28:04 PM »
I'm a bit late to the party here. But I've tinkered around with using the pro 3's cv out and routing the audio back into the pro 3 to add more layers to my sounds. It sounds really good having 4+ analog saw waves being put together!

I'm thinking of creating a basic module that will permanently have the inputs and outputs connected to the Pro 3. Similar to how the Rackplumber module does for a Beatstep Pro!