Prophet 12 MIDI automation recording with Cubase Pro 10

Prophet 12 MIDI automation recording with Cubase Pro 10
« on: February 01, 2020, 08:46:26 AM »
Hello,

I'm having an issue that is driving me crazy and doesn't allow me to work the way I want when recording a track (and working on it) from Prophet 12 to Cubase Pro 10.5. I have the Prophet's "Local Control" set to OFF, and "MIDI control enable" set to ON. On a MIDI track on Cubase, both input and output are receiving and sending messages to Prophet.
So far, everything is working: playing the keyboard of the Prophet, recording MIDI, playing back from Cubase that is correctly sending MIDI messages to Prophet, etc.
The problem occurs when I want to record automations (specifically, more than one).
To do it, I create another MIDI track with the same settings (MIDI In from Prophet and MIDI out to Prophet), and record automation of, for example, LPF cutoff frequency. So the automation is recorded in a dedicated track, and when I play back the session, Prophet is correctly receiving MIDI messages from both tracks, the first telling notes to play and the second with the automation of LPF cutoff freq. So far, this is working, even if I don't like the fact that the automation recorded this way is not editable (I have not a line with dots that can be edited, as automation have to be, but only a MIDI event). So if anybody have a suggestion about it, should be welcome.
The problem occurs with editing any other knob on the Prophet, both if I only want to change a setting in real time or record a new automation: if the already recorded automation is sending messages, each knob I move do crazy jumps to random values, that do not match with the actual value and do not follow the movement that I'm imposing to the knob; if the already recorded automation is not sending messages because in the actual position of the session the automation is static to a value, everything is ok. Sounds like a sort of conflict of MIDI messages.

Anybody is able to help me?

Thank you in advance!