Pro-3 sequencer features -> Pro-2?

NLB

Pro-3 sequencer features -> Pro-2?
« on: January 31, 2020, 01:12:20 AM »
Hi,

Congrats to Sequential team for the release of Pro-3. It looks and sounds really great - I have little doubt that it will be a big success.

What are the chances that the Pro-2 sequencer will be updated to allow ratcheting and concurrent use with the arpeggiator?

Thanks in advance  :)

blewis

Re: Pro-3 sequencer features -> Pro-2?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 08:48:55 AM »
Pym has mentioned on another popular forum that the PRO 3 sequencer was a complete re-write.

While I can’t speak for him or his code, this typically indicates more difficulty or general incompatibility with porting features from new code (PRO 3) to old code (PRO 2)

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 11:34:47 AM »
The Pro3 is structured a lot differently under the hood than the Pro2, and while the two instruments overlap in feature set in many ways, the additional functionality in the Pro3's sequencer can't be ported back to the Pro2.
SEQUENTIAL

Pym

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 04:18:07 PM »
The Pro3 was completely rewritten. You won't see me porting anything back, it wouldn't be easy. I doubt we'll be updating the older instruments with much of anything right now, we have some big plans to move forward

Hi,

Congrats to Sequential team for the release of Pro-3. It looks and sounds really great - I have little doubt that it will be a big success.

What are the chances that the Pro-2 sequencer will be updated to allow ratcheting and concurrent use with the arpeggiator?

Sequential

OceanMachine

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 10:42:07 AM »
Understandable that out of production products won't get any more updates, but what about current products? For instance, lots of users (including myself) are wishing for the super plate to be ported over to the P6/OB-6 if possible. Many companies are doing great work on major updates these days and it would be sad to see Sequential fall so far behind in that aspect. It goes a long way in the eyes of users/potential repeat customers.

NLB

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 05:17:33 PM »
The Pro3 was completely rewritten. You won't see me porting anything back, it wouldn't be easy. I doubt we'll be updating the older instruments with much of anything right now, we have some big plans to move forward

Thanks for the info Pym.
No harm in asking  :)

Catfax

• Synths are good
    • catfax
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 03:56:31 PM »
Yeah the arp + sequencer at the same time is a pretty mind boggling feature on the Pro3.. still Pro 2 has awesome features all its own. Sure wouldn't mind seeing them add in a few of those new sequencer on the old pro2 but it is now a legacy product. It would just be pure good will to be bringing people big features to a synth already stuffed with awesome features.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 01:38:26 PM »
I only ask for sequencer midi out at pro 2!!!! Please, please!

Hi,

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 09:17:38 PM »
I second this! I would use the sequencer waaaaaay more with midi out.

I only ask for sequencer midi out at pro 2!!!! Please, please!