Syncing Ableton tempo to Rev2

Syncing Ableton tempo to Rev2
« on: January 30, 2020, 11:18:48 PM »
I just got a Rev2 and am madly in love, this is my first hardware synth and I'm still very much learning the basics. Im sure this is in the manual, but some of the language confuses me not having much experience with MIDI. I was wondering if there was a way to send the tempo from Ableton to the Rev2 and the Rev2 would automatically sync with whatever tempo changes I made in Ableton. Thank you!

Re: Syncing Ableton tempo to Rev2
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 11:24:25 PM »
I just set the Rev2 to slave, but it won't let me play arpeggios or use the sequence....

jok3r

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 01:32:36 AM »
In Abletons midi settings you have to activate sync on the Rev2s output port (that could be named Rev2 if you connect it through USB, or the port number of your midi interface if you use one).

Further more you have to hit the play button in Ableton so it will start to transmit the midi clock. (Perhaps there's an option to configure Ableton to transmit the clock when paused, but if so, I didn't find it yet.)
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 04:47:15 PM »
In Abletons midi settings you have to activate sync on the Rev2s output port (that could be named Rev2 if you connect it through USB, or the port number of your midi interface if you use one).

Further more you have to hit the play button in Ableton so it will start to transmit the midi clock. (Perhaps there's an option to configure Ableton to transmit the clock when paused, but if so, I didn't find it yet.)

Thank you! That worked. The issue I ran into though when I hit play the poly sequencer would start playing as well

jok3r

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 11:34:53 PM »
... then you have to set your Rev2 to clock mode "Slave no S/S" (or something the like... don't have mine with me now).
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES