glide for self oscillating filters

glide for self oscillating filters
« on: January 26, 2020, 01:37:17 PM »
Hi,

I am very impressed with the Pro 3...what a good sounding instrument! I would like to know if you can apply glide to any of the three filters when they are self oscillating, so without any volume of the oscillators, just the self oscillating filter(s).  My old Moog the Source does this and it would be great if the Pro 3 could do it as well.

Many thanks and greetings,

Pieter

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: glide for self oscillating filters
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 01:45:48 PM »
According to the manual it do not have parameters for this, and I do not recall glide being a matrix source (which would also not make sense since it would be the glide for an oscillator)... I know this cannot be done on say, a REV2, so I think you are out of luck unless Sequential makes an update with glide specifically for this
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 02:39:07 PM »
Thanks Razmo! Yes indeed...hope it comes with a future update.

Regards,

Pieter

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 01:22:12 PM »
Hello everybody.
I'm new in this forum, a new Sequential customer, but not new to the world of synths and I am amazed that so few have noticed this lack.
It's not only a problem for the filter as "fourth oscillator".
If you play wide intervals with a long glide and your filter has a high tracking value, when you go up, it switches bright at once and, vice versa, when you go down, it becomes abruptly dark.
This could be a particular effect, but not a normal behaviour.
I studied the manual thoroughly looking for a solution, but it seems that there's not.
I got the idea that each oscillator has its own lag circuit, but the filter doesn't.
(Old analog gear had a single lag circuit on the CV bus, so everything attached to it behaved the same way.)
Hope that those lag circuits are pieces of software and not hardware related, so a future upgrade could fill the gap.