The tilt of the SE version

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
The tilt of the SE version
« on: January 24, 2020, 02:03:43 PM »
Who can tell me, how much the SE version's panel can be tilted?... Is the maximum what is seen in the pictures, or will it go even more upright?

The tilt is the main reason I will buy the SE version, and I need to know this so that I know if it will tilt enough.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Re: The tilt of the SE version
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 07:21:52 PM »
Who can tell me, how much the SE version's panel can be tilted?... Is the maximum what is seen in the pictures, or will it go even more upright?

If I remember right, Justin mentioned at NAMM that it has 3 tilt angles. The picture right before the photo of the back might be the max, or one away. I was focused on how it looked flat before rushing to a meeting, so I didn't look carefully at the max.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 08:49:12 AM »
All pictures I can find depict the SE version at the same angle of the panel, so I would believe this is probably the most upright it can be... A shame... I would have liked it just at least one notch more...

Point is, that the desktop stands I will be placing the PRO3 on, behind and above my Quantum, also has tilting notches, so that whatever is on it, can be tilted down... The problem is that if I tilt this too much, then the base of the PRO3 will overshadow the Quantum display which is a huge no go here... Instead I want to deal with the control angling by tilting the SE panel instead, but are uncertain if it can be tilted enough without having to tilt the table stand as well.

But I guess I will just have to see when it gets here... I can always return it and get the standard version if it is no good.

Just hoped someone could give me the information here, so I could spare both myself and the retailer all the trouble of returning the synth in case the tilting does not matter.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 09:06:32 AM »
All pictures I can find depict the SE version at the same angle of the panel, so I would believe this is probably the most upright it can be... A shame... I would have liked it just at least one notch more...

There are at least two angles shown in the images on the Pro 3 SE product page. It might go upright a little more, but it's difficult to tell in the photo. What I can tell you is that I had it an angle that was more upright than what most of the demo videos show. Good luck. Hope it works for you.

Hopefully one of the Sequential folk can answer more specifically.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 09:33:26 AM »

There are at least two angles shown in the images on the Pro 3 SE product page. It might go upright a little more, but it's difficult to tell in the photo. What I can tell you is that I had it an angle that was more upright than what most of the demo videos show. Good luck. Hope it works for you.

Hopefully one of the Sequential folk can answer more specifically.

Ahh... Yes the picture right before the photo of the backside is clearly tilted up one more notch... That would most likely do it  :)

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 11:27:00 PM »
This vid actually shows Dave setting a couple of tilt positions if that’s helpful to anyone. It’s towards the end.

https://youtu.be/3UGXbhwtHrY

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 05:19:14 AM »
We placed our pre order yesterday for the standard edition.  They are both such cool looking pieces.  So far, I’m curious who’s placed their order for the Special Edition or Standard ? 
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 05:30:33 AM »
We placed our pre order yesterday for the standard edition.  They are both such cool looking pieces.  So far, I’m curious who’s placed their order for the Special Edition or Standard ?

I placed mine for the SE version some time ago now... impatiently waiting for thomann Germany to get it home :)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 05:36:52 AM »
And when I've found the money, I will order this dual sampler Eurorak module to be a steady companion with the PRO3's CV/Gte in and outs... Will give some nice abilities to mess around with one shot single and looped samples in the PRO3 engine... I don't want more modules because the mangling of this module is the PRO3's job via it's CV ins and outs... that way I can create presets on PRO3 that can be saved and recalled, used for samples, and the only parameter I need to do manually is the sample itself, whih is exactly the only parameter I would not want to be saving at all, but rather be browsing manually from the module itself... thus this combi will become hardwired... a PRO3 with two analog oscillators, a Wavetable oscillator and two sample oscillators  8)

The module has CV input 1V/O plus for changing sample start, length and even the sample itself, so I could in essence completely store it's whole setup in a PRO3 preset, simply by using mod source DC to select the sample. It also has input for reverse playback, and even an output that signal when a sample stop playing... changing all of these parameters and having the option to use PRO3 envelopes, LFOs, Sequencer etc. is quite nice... and all that even at audio rate.

The module also lets you sample, and even via a gate signal from the PRO3 if you want to.

Each SD card can store up to 600 samples set in banks with 10 samples each. quite powerful module.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 05:45:55 AM by Razmo »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 05:38:12 AM »
And this 20HP case from the same manufacturer as the sample module is simply PERFECT for this setup... exactly 20HP and one connector for the module. It takes up as little space as possible in any direction.

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 05:49:09 AM »
Oh wow that sampler module looks really interesting!  I think with the Pro 3 maybe it’s time to start looking at Euro Modules..

Where in Germany is Thomann based out of?  We are going to be touring in Europe in 3 weeks now and we will be in Germany quite a bit so would be cool to visit Thomann while we are over there.
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 06:01:17 AM »
Oh wow that sampler module looks really interesting!  I think with the Pro 3 maybe it’s time to start looking at Euro Modules..

Where in Germany is Thomann based out of?  We are going to be touring in Europe in 3 weeks now and we will be in Germany quite a bit so would be cool to visit Thomann while we are over there.

Treppendorf, I believe.

jok3r

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 08:58:30 AM »

Treppendorf, I believe.

Yes, Treppendorf! You have to see this. It's a very small town with only 200 (or so) citizens... and 1400 Thomann employees ;-) But that's not the point. They have their local shop and show rooms there, which are very big, although the building itself is very old and you can see how they extended it room for room. It simply has some charme I cannot describe in words.

Treppendorf the next bigger cities are Bamberg, Nürnberg and Würzburg... perhaps you have some shows there?
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2020, 09:05:29 AM »

The problem with the module is that it is a bit overwhelming with CVs... you would not be able to fully control it via PRO3... I'm getting the TipTop Audio ONE sample player instead... much smaller, and less complex. it is also only mono which suit the use with PRO3 external input better.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:08:04 AM by Razmo »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2020, 09:10:40 AM »
Another module I'd like to try out with PRO3 in paraphonic mode is this one: Oakley MOSPhase, which is basically a modular version of the Smallstone phaser with some enhancements... Always loved that thing on string machines.

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 10:55:26 AM »

I ordered the Standard because I’d like it below my Eurroack on the keyboard stand so I didn’t need the tilt. The Pro 3 has a lot of options already but I’m also looking forward to feeding its oscillators into my Triple Wavefolder and using the sequencer for modulating it!