"Symm" Parameter Setting Equivalent (Oscillator Section)

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
"Symm" Parameter Setting Equivalent (Oscillator Section)
« on: January 23, 2020, 07:15:59 AM »
Shape Mod/Pulse Width not having desired effect.

I'm guessing here, but perhaps on older synths the oscillator section had a "Symm" setting to affect tonal character of the oscillator. In the screenshots you can see it on the waveform in Reaktor using Analog Sound School. See how the saw tooth is more symmetrical in the second image. Is there an equivalent to this on the Pro 2?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 07:54:14 AM by ARNK »
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

Re: "Symm" Parameter Setting Equivalent (Oscillator Section)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 07:50:51 AM »
Yeah,  I call it a triangle wave ;)

in all serious I don't know, but I've never really noticed if the wave morphing knob might do any of this inclination.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 07:58:04 AM »
Yeah,  I call it a triangle wave ;)

in all serious I don't know, but I've never really noticed if the wave morphing knob might do any of this inclination.

Ha! I was expecting an almost exact rendering on the oscilloscope (which it isn't), triangle then.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 08:33:19 AM by ARNK »
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 01:47:13 PM »
IŽd be totally up for making Pictures of the Oscilloscope showing the different Waveforms of the Pro2 with altered ShapeMod, Superwaves and all there is.

Any Recommendations for VST Oscilloscopes ?