Are factory presets overwritable via MIDI?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Are factory presets overwritable via MIDI?
« on: January 22, 2020, 03:51:30 PM »
The title says it all... I would like to know if the 512 factory presets can be overwritten via MIDI like it is with other earlier synths from Sequential :)
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Nokki

Re: Are factory presets overwritable via MIDI?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 05:29:31 PM »
The title says it all... I would like to know if the 512 factory presets can be overwritten via MIDI like it is with other earlier synths from Sequential :)

I tought you could not overwrite factory presets - could you please explain ? :)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 09:38:13 PM »

I tought you could not overwrite factory presets - could you please explain ? :)

You can on both p12 and rev2, you just have to dump the presets via midi... In this way they are just like normal user presets, you just cannot write them from the interface like that

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 01:50:38 PM »
Also in the debug menu of both Pro2 and Prophet 12 you can replace the Factory-Patches with all current User Patches.
I´m sure they kept most of the software from the Pro2 within the Pro3 judging from the Sequencer and how it´s the same UI and all.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 04:14:47 PM »
Also in the debug menu of both Pro2 and Prophet 12 you can replace the Factory-Patches with all current User Patches.
I´m sure they kept most of the software from the Pro2 within the Pro3 judging from the Sequencer and how it´s the same UI and all.

I would asume you are right, I just wanted to be certain... and yes, it is in the debug menu of REV2 as well... I really like that they can be replaced because I only use my own sounds 99% of the time, so it would be nice to have those 512 sounds for storage too, so that I at least do not have to sysex dump different banks when I have more than 512 sounds. It may seem unimportant to some users, but definitely not for me  :)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 02:37:38 PM »
Still wondering...